Front Wiper Options???

D_O_U_G_I_E

100% Beach Bum
Aug 26, 2008
Midlands
l've searched page after page up to now looking for some views and advice on what wiper conversions people have done to replace their fronts on Leon's, but l keep coming up empty handed! :(

l've changed my rear one for a Fabia which has tidyed up the back window and now l wana do the same with the front one's.......but l've no idea which ones will fit!?

Any help, personal views or pictures of what people have done/seen would be greatfully received! :)

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
MK4 golf aerowiper conversion.. new arms and blades - see the pics in my link below - first page :)

D_O_U_G_I_E

100% Beach Bum
Aug 26, 2008
Midlands
MK4 golf aerowiper conversion.. new arms and blades - see the pics in my link below - first page :)

Cool, cheers for that! l don't supose you've got any close up photos you could post, have you?

Also, on a different note.......did you buy the black grill badge, or spray it yourself? Looks well nice! :)

D_O_U_G_I_E

100% Beach Bum
Aug 26, 2008
Midlands
or I think Seat do Retro Fit Aero blades now, which fit directly to your existing wiper arms

To be honest with you, l'm looking to get rid of the current arms all together cause l think they terrible! l want to try and get something along the same lines as the Fabia rear blade/arm.....just don't where to start looking :confused:

D_O_U_G_I_E

100% Beach Bum
Aug 26, 2008
Midlands

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
Thanks for the link! Going to price them up and make a decission from there l think...

How did you get the badge out then? l know they're plastic welded in to place, but l wasn't sure if theres an art to getting it out with out it breaking!

The centre grill is held in with 4 clips; take this out; then on the back of the badge there are two plastic pins which need removing (either with a knife or soldering iron). Then the badge just clips out and back in again once painted :)

D_O_U_G_I_E

100% Beach Bum
Aug 26, 2008
Midlands
The centre grill is held in with 4 clips; take this out; then on the back of the badge there are two plastic pins which need removing (either with a knife or soldering iron). Then the badge just clips out and back in again once painted :)

Arh ha! Easy as that, hey!? :happy: l'll give that a bash tomorrow then! Thinking about doing the boot one too. What do you reckon?

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
Arh ha! Easy as that, hey!? :happy: l'll give that a bash tomorrow then! Thinking about doing the boot one too. What do you reckon?

if you do the boot one get in touch with nev_lcr - he has done his :)
i'm not sure about the boot one, but it may get done in the summer if i get bored!

re painting - make sure you leave all the layers to harden properly before putting the badge back in the grill or the grill will scratch the paint :)

D_O_U_G_I_E

100% Beach Bum
Aug 26, 2008
Midlands
if you do the boot one get in touch with nev_lcr - he has done his :)
i'm not sure about the boot one, but it may get done in the summer if i get bored!

re painting - make sure you leave all the layers to harden properly before putting the badge back in the grill or the grill will scratch the paint :)

Cool! Cheers for all your help buddy...

rdcoops

sorry to hijack, i know for a leon everyone says golf wiper arms, would ibiza wiper arms be too small? as there is a set on ebay going...

Gezzy

£4 flat blades from tesco :p
but my mate bought some for his audi of ebay £20 i think and they look sweet. nice, neat and smooth i must say

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
The aero blades can be bought to fit the regular "hook" arms.

Standard wiper arm with "hook" aeros

dscf0095medium.jpg

Golf aero wipers

dscf0097medium.jpg

Part numbers

S 1J2 955 425B wiper
S 1J2 955 426B wiper
1J2 955 409D arm
1J2 955 410D arm

Prices for the blades were about £25.

Gezzy

those golf aero ones look alot neater but the previous pic has the same wipers my mate has on his A3 didnt think they look that big though. i dont know if u have said already sorry if you have but how much are the ones in the second picture?

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Brand new around £80 for the arms and blades.
Ebay as a kit ready to buy :)
They do come up secondhand now and again.
They are of a golf mk4 or a bora or an s3 Audi.

Gezzy

ok thanks man cant stand how far mine stick out. what you get for cheapys though aye

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.