Front wipers stopped working ?

halftone

May 15, 2008
Dudley, West Midlands
Last night, had them on after clearing the ice, drove 5 minutes down the road, and they wouldn't do anything.

I originally thought it was the stalk, as the washer jets didnt spray either, but the back wiper works.

Shamefully, this is the first time I have ever needed to try changing a fuse, on any car :)

I opened the fuse box, found the tiny little number with the help of a torch (in full daylight!) and it seems the be the top yellow fuse. I thought you were supposed to be able to see through these things to see if they are blown, who the hell decided to make them solid plastic ?

I swapped the wiper one for the horn one, and the horn just clicks, so i put the horn one in the wiper one, and still nothing ?

What now ? The cars only a year and a half old, it cant be the motor can it ?

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
Sounds like its all frozen to be honest and that you shouldnt be using your wipers to be clearing the frost.

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
Hmm warm water and windscreens isn't the greatest plan either, they have been known to crack because of temperature differences. But seems like maybe the water you poured down froze again stopping your wipers in their tracks. The fuse could have blown if this is the case, was your horn working with it's original fuse?

halftone

May 15, 2008
Dudley, West Midlands
Not on the windscreen, just right at the bottom of the wiper arm.

I didnt pour any water anywhere yet, and yeah, the horn works with its original fuse back in.

Davidsr

PD 172
Mar 13, 2009
Blackpool
Same thing happened to me as well. Rang dealer about it and he said check the fuse. Had to drive home with no wipers as had no torch and nothing to pull the fuse out with.

Said it's a common fault at this time of year if you've tried to use frozen wipers.

jhono

old boy racer
Jul 15, 2007
driveing home tonite used wipers once,tried again no front wipers,fuze 46 nothing wrong wont work bizarley rear one does when you press front wiper,also never noticed before car relocking itself with the door open :confused:

Dec 3, 2009
there are probably 2 fuses!

check wipers, wiper motor, wiper relay!

I made the same mistake last year by only checking 1 fuse! =]

pars911

I have this exact problem on a (56) plate FR I don't think it's the fuse or the wipers freezing as I jiggled the wiper stalk around and managed to get a couple of wipes, which says it has to be the stalk, I'm going to ring the dealer tommorow and will see what the crack is. :(

jhono

old boy racer
Jul 15, 2007
took it to seat dealer this morning ,and simple its not the 20 amp fuze as stated in the handbook its a 10 amp fuze 2 mins and wipers working again

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise