G14 0SE - Mk3 Ibiza Cupra - Onvi Yellow - Road/Track

ConradJellyfish

Dec 27, 2008
Morning/Evening,

Seen as though ive posted quite a bit now thought id start a readers ride thread for my ibiza. Ive got a few on local forums but nothing on here. Im going down sort of a motorsport theme with the cupra with the main aim fast/track use.

I got the Ibiza in February, it had been a local car all its life and had 2 owners from new (husband and wife) low miles, just what i wanted.

IMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1197.jpg

It came with some basic mods;

Full Scorpion Stainless Tuner system, Pipercross filter and N Bypass valve.

The car stayed like this for a longtime and money troubles came along and i thought about selling the car, but decided to keep the car and managed to start spending some money on it.

I took delivery of new shiny bits. I ordered a box full of bits from GSF including new top mounts, cups and bearings, but also ebc green stuff pads and zimmerman drilled discs.

But i read some bad things about the zimmerman discs cracking after 2k miles or so. So decided to invest in some Black Diamond combi drilled/grooved as there really well known and well liked on the seatcupra.net site and im also going to do a few track days this coming year so might aswell buy right first time.

DSC_0712.jpg

DSC_0708.jpg

Also took delivery of a shiny set of gt hicon weitec coilovers from DPM Performance (which i believe is up your way) me and mr e fitted them last weekend and was lucky enough to guestimate the right height first time.

DSC_0736.jpg

DSC_0726.jpg

DSC_0723.jpg

Last edited:

ConradJellyfish

Dec 27, 2008
Well finally got around to fitting my discs at weekend, crocked my back at work, so had to wait till i was all better again. The braking is far superior but stll waiting for them to fully bed in. Plus they look pretty :)

DSC_0706.jpg

DSC_0704.jpg

I Also managed to paint the callipers yellow, with some halford calliper paint. Gave them a good clean and 3 coats came out quite well. Not the same shade but still look good behind the rims, so its not as noticeable.

DSC_0710.jpg

At the same time i was watching a set of oz superturismo's 16 x 7 on the old ebay and managed to get them bargain price with all good goodyear eagles. I already had 3 other superturismos that i got cheap on ebay again about a year ago.

The plan is to go satin black with them. Im going to refurb 6 of them and possible the 7th as a spare.
But 4 wil stay with the goodyear eagles and going to get 2 x toyo r888s for track days :)

The bonus was when i went to pick up the wheels (he lived about 10miles away) hey had come of a non-wide track mk2 vr6, and he was stripping the rest of the car an was sellin these....

DSC_0725.jpg

Wilwood Dynalite 4 - pots

Picked them up epically cheap and due to the mk2 fitment, they'l bolt sraight on, so will gain some good stopping power for hard road driving and track use. Guna give them a lick of matt black paint and just highlight the writing in onvi yellow :) and i have bought all replacement bolts.

ConradJellyfish

Dec 27, 2008
And finally,

Sold a full twin 40 carb setup on friday so had a little money floating around and i was missing more power, after a search on ebay for mapped ecu's found nothing, i turned to a link for Revo and turned out a new dealer around the corner from me (Calvert Lane, Hull) had become a dealer,

Popped down this morning, £400 notes later and muchos miles smiles. Book Bhp for the map is 206bhp and 235ft/lbs of torque, but ill reserve judgement till i get it on a Rolling Road.

But Im well impressed, the pull between 3k-6k is incredible, spins up in 1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd even in the dry and dumps incredibly loud.

Really Chuffed. Also the wheels are at the blasters, back tuesday so i can spray them and should have the FMIC fitted shortly

45_CB

Back in the Cupra again
Oct 8, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
Off to a good start mate!

Good to see to the progress! I used that halfords caliper paint on my old cupra..... waste of time seriously, didnt last either. the brake caliper "painting kit" which is like £20 or so actually matchs ovni spot on! comes with the hardener and brake cleaner too

ConradJellyfish

Dec 27, 2008
Right managed to get hold off a seat sport front strut brace for FREE :) and also had a rear mk1 golf OMP strut brace in the garage that will fit the rear.

Ive Dropped them off at the blasters along with the oz and should be picking them up 2moro. Also have some more goodies en route, which i missed this afternoon :(

J :)

ConradJellyfish

Dec 27, 2008
Right Finally got my wheels refurbed and finished, it turned out they were 7 1/2's with an ET 37. So i wasnt sure if the wheels would fit right on the front and also if i need to jack the rear up.

I Had two of the original tyres (the good 2 eagle f1's) to see if the wheels would fit right on the front and rear.

DSC_0851.jpg

DSC_0856.jpg

Put them on the car and they fit like a glove. The fronts scrub a little on full lock but nothing major, ill roll them soon enough though.

DSC_0831.jpg

Also the backs look bob on i think too, and looks like i wont need to space them out now.

DSC_0834-1.jpg

DSC_0881.jpg

Ive also recieved a few more bits and bobs in the post. A Forge 007 and front seat sport strut brace. Ive painted them satin black to match the wheels. Ill Take a picture of them at the weekend.

Next i should have the FMIC on and a few little bits to make it a little pleasing to the eye and i promise one day i will have the wilwoods on the car :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.