German style plates

blackturbo

Apr 3, 2006
Fleet, Hants
I know C3 LJG has these but just wondering if people have these and if so do you get pulled up for them, I know they are not technically road legal but how far can the law be bent ( i have been told you can get road legal ones to)??

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
theres no such thing as a road legal german plate in the UK

but it depends on spacing, the depth of the font and how much of a **** the copper wants to be

iv had mine ages and have been fine, but last year at GTi international there was abit of trouble so gonna be abit wery next week, should be fine though

theres so much searching you could have done! tut tut

blackturbo

Apr 3, 2006
Fleet, Hants
Well they are E-gay ones lol! But look pretty straight just embossed metal with the german font. But you can also get acrylic plates with German style font now!

beattie17

Apr 12, 2005
Perth
ive got same as C3 LJG, small german front and back and aint been pulled yet touch wood! had traffic follow me loads of times and not been stopped

biggaz

Jan 6, 2006
I have them too, with an irish reg on as i bought it in ireland. I like it and havnt been stopped YET!

Mine are also the Pressed alu ones.

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
andyj said:
Use normal plates for the drive in/out but put your German ones on when @ the show ;)

What do you think i am, some kind of fairy :p The legal plates will be in my boot and will only be used if the plod make me ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members