Glovebox handle broke :(

kineticz

Forever moddin'
Jul 23, 2008
Shropshire
www.wepaintanypart.co.uk
So, a small problem once again. My glovebox handle wouldn't open and broke. I've done a search and someone else a couple years ago had the same problem. Also my mate's Golf mk3 has a faulty glovebox. What is it with VAGs and fauly gloveboxes???

Anyway, what price am I looking at for a new glovebox (one that holds the Seat disc changer), or can the handle/lock itself be repaired/replaced? Also a part number would be great if possible

Thanks

Coalesy

Leon FR 20vt
Sep 16, 2008
Dronfield
about 100 plus vat for complete glovebox mate, thats only way to get handle

but if its the catch that bust then you can get the catch bit as part of the inner trim for around 23 quids

:)

car_guy143

Nov 9, 2008
Leyland, Lancs, UK
So, a small problem once again. My glovebox handle wouldn't open and broke. I've done a search and someone else a couple years ago had the same problem. Also my mate's Golf mk3 has a faulty glovebox. What is it with VAGs and fauly gloveboxes???

Anyway, what price am I looking at for a new glovebox (one that holds the Seat disc changer), or can the handle/lock itself be repaired/replaced? Also a part number would be great if possible

Thanks

These gloveboxes are so easy to break into when they break. I had to do it to mine when i got the car.

You will have no way of knowing which part of the glovebox lock is broken (handle or catch side). If it turns out to be the handle side that's broken then you will get into it very easily. Pull off the glovebox handle by trying to unclip it at one side and using a little force. Behind the handle you should see a thin metal cable, pull on it and it will open the glovebox. If the cable has come off on the catch side, then you're stuck.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members