Going for BT, need advise on new clutch and differential

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
So I'm thinking that my slave cylinder might be leaking brake fluid (level going down and no brake system leaks), but will obviously get this checked before I jump into this.
As I believe that to change this involves a gear box/clutch out job, I'm thinking of changing the clutch and putting in a diff at the same time.
The reason for this is when the LCR stops being a family car I'm going to make it into a more track/ fast road car. As I'm planning a big turbo upgrade therefore more power I though that this might be a good time to do it.

ANYWAY!!

Roughly how much would an uprated clutch and ATB differential (including slave cylinder piston) any recommended suppliers and anything else that should be done in here while I'm at it??
I have been on RobDons site and noted what he is running
Quaife ATB differential
Helix Group N organic clutch and single-mass lightened flywheel
I presume that this is a good combination but I'm sure that there are others.
As I said the car will be track and road but it needs to be a strong set up as am planning on giving the car HEAPS!!
Anybody have any other recommended set ups with prices and labour times

Cheers:thumbup:

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
SPEC stage 2 was the same price as stage 3 from TTS. I'm using a lightened and balanced ABF/G60 flywheel which i bought second hand.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Cheers for the replies guys
I'm just in the very early stages of this so any info is very appreciated
Is there a better set up that is road friendly as well as track ready
I'm thinking the 'Helix Group N organic clutch and single-mass lightened flywheel'
Sounds like my best option, this is run by Robdon and CSD_19 and comes recommended anyone else got comments about this set up

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Faaack!!

Situation has gotten worser quicker than expected
The clutch now is sticking to the floor and can only be returned by pulling it back to neutral position.
SO.....
Where do I get a new Helix clutch from, does any of our sponsors do them?
If I buy a helix clutch does it come with a slave or do I have to specifically ask for this?
Is there any other parts that I need to ask for that are not in the kit?
Does anyone know of a web site for USA companies or have any recommendations for USA companies?

Cheers for any help as said very new to this but need to catch up quickly:help:

Wille

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Isnt that sign of a master or slave cylinder going on top of the clutch pedal, which ever one it is and not anything to do with the clutch pressure/grip?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Isnt that sign of a master or slave cylinder going on top of the clutch pedal, which ever one it is and not anything to do with the clutch pressure/grip?

Yup think its the slave but AFAIK if it is leaking is pisses brake fluid over the clutch plate and the need for changing the clutch is just a matter of time
And as its a gear box out job I might as well fit a diff and new clutch while I'm at it.
Looks like its going to be very expensive so as cheaply as I can do it with quality parts is the way I will go.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Right after speaking to Jim at Star he thinks it might be the little slave cylinder that holds pressure to allow the pedal to return, the slave that functions the master, to function the slave to operate the clutch.
If it is its a £60 bit instead of £££££'s[B)]

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Has it been doing this for a while?
Do you just live with it?
I was worrying about it not returning, not a problem so far?
Have you check the slaves/master out to see if they are okay?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.