Greesha's - imperial blue cupra

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
Hello :)

i'm a member and a proud leon owner for more than a year now so I think its time to post something about it.

I bought it in January 2009 and it is pretty much my first owned car. Leather interior. 83k miles on the clock. FSH. It was second Leon I went to look at. When i bought the car i was thinking that 180 bhp is enough and i wont have to upgrade it in any way. Oh boy how wrong was I...

It was completely standard in a nicest leon color - imperial blue ^^

04012009003.jpg

Well... i resisted remapping the car for the whole 3 weeks! After that time i surrendered and started to look for a good remapper. It wasnt really a hard choice as I was quite a low on budget so i couldnt really afford any "big names" like CC or Revo. I noticed that P-torque was getting very good opinions and with price tag of 265 pounds it was in my reach.

Car was totally transformed. It was like driving a new car again. Very sharp acceleration right from the bottom.

Since then i changed few things in my car

First i've changed my tyres because those that i had on the car were just useless (pirelli p6000)... i went for Goodyears F1 Eagles in standard size 205/55/16.

I have lowered suspension using standard shocks and lower springs (Jamex -40mm)... Im looking now into putting coilovers but there are some other things i need to do first.

Car lowered
020820090029.jpg

Other bits i've changed are

- forge 007p (i had split R before - but it was only causing problems)
- FMIC
- sparkplugs Denso IK22
- N75J
- silicone turbo inlet pipe from THS
- dogbone mount (whole mount from THS - really, really good mod)
- Jetex FR7003 cone air filter with 102mm cold air inlet from fog light
- HIDs (i went fr 6k as i prerer pure white color - great mod)
- along with HIDs i had to order LED for my side lights
- fabia rear wiper
- oil catch tank
- i've done N249 bypass (DV sound is much sharper now - much better)
- i've also installed quickshift i bought off ebay for arounf 35 quid. A very easy and useful mod as changing gears in standard Leon reminds me of rowing

20022010210.jpg

That's it for now but I still have plans for my Leon :)

FMIC very soon then turbo back exhaust and time for stage 2 remap but first i have to change all the breather pipes and other vacuum pipes under the inlet manifold as i have just noticed they are in very, very poor state.

I must say im a bit proud of myself as i never had any mechanical experience with cars. Till now i've done everything by myself.

I will make some more photos of interior and engine bay tomorrow.

Thanks for reading. More to come :p

Last edited:

JamJay

California Bound
Well done dude!

I am the same, never really got my hands dirty before this one and i'll be honest, every time I change anything, I crap myself but seems to have worked out so far :).

I must too have a look at the hoses under the inlet manifold as I know they're prone to going.

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
Thank you all very much for comments !

It was quite a busy day today !

Fabia estate rear wiper fitted

25012010160.jpg

It actually works now !

Then thermostat was replaced which cured ALL my problems with temp gauge :). It sits now at 90.

That was actually very confusing because temp gauge was pretty much living its own life (up and down). I checked cooland temperature using climate control screen and it was showing constant 90... that's why i was waiting so long with thermostat change.

I'm sure my MPG will be much better as I was doing 200 miles from a full tank

During thermostat change i had easy access under inlet manifold and guess what i found there? :D

... as Tony predicted ;p

2 Split hoses ! Those *******s were robbing me of my precious boost

Sorry for low photo quality

Elbow shaped hose was split right in the middle

25012010161.jpg

Thats how big split was
67969215.jpg

Replacement part

25012010165.jpg

That little hose was split as well
25012010164j.jpg

That little hose made a big mess
25012010162.jpg

Everything done and works great :)
25012010166.jpg

Also oil was changed. I flused engine first with some valvoline engine flush. Oil came out just BLACK. My last oil change was about 3,5k miles before.

I used Motul 8100 X-Cess Synthetic Oil - 5W40

Thanks guys for your input

EDIT: Wow i just took it out for a spin and i must say... accelerates smoothly without that flatspot around 3k. Almost feels like remapped again

Last edited:

mattdavies

Pre-Facelift Bumpers FTW
Jan 24, 2009
Maidenhead
Hi very intersting read, think mine might have a small leak i think i might RR it to confirm.

I only live down the road and i know a few ppl that work at Windrush VW in slough, where about do you live in slough ?

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
Thanks. I live pretty much in the "centre" of slough. Not far from police station. I might RR it again at AMD meet ^^.

Plug it to vag com. Mine was telling me about boost leak for months.

Last edited:

JamJay

California Bound
If you're coming alone to the AMD RR day then you're more than welcome to meet a couple of us at the Reigate junction or Clackett Lane Service a little way up, will be early though.

I am going to look at those pipes on mine when I get home, assuming I have them (LCR). I can't see pics here at work but how did you spot the split, by feel or by removing and examining?

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
The one on the left under manifold - elbow shaped - costs something like £2.29

The small one on the right i just made up from leftovers from N249 removal :)

Doey1978

Jul 15, 2008
Ashford, Kent
Then thermostat was replaced which cured ALL my problems with temp gauge :). It sits now at 90.

That was actually very confusing because temp gauge was pretty much living its own life (up and down). I checked cooland temperature using climate control screen and it was showing constant 90... that's why i was waiting so long with thermostat change.

How do you do this ???

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
If you're coming alone to the AMD RR day then you're more than welcome to meet a couple of us at the Reigate junction or Clackett Lane Service a little way up, will be early though.

I am going to look at those pipes on mine when I get home, assuming I have them (LCR). I can't see pics here at work but how did you spot the split, by feel or by removing and examining?

Sounds good JamJay. Can you give me any postcodes? I cant find those places on google maps ^^

You should have them as well JamJay. I had lots of oil deposits around those pipes, it was quite obvious that those splits are there somewhere. Also Vag showed me boost leak fault code. When i unscrewed that "ledge" in fron of inlet manifold to access thermostat i had quite easy acces to those pipes as well. I didn't remove them to examine :} just feel them.

PS. I can see you are as busy at work as I am today ;p

mattdavies said:
Im going to AMD meet with a mate in his Ibiza and poss with another mate in his Ibiza Cupra caddy van thing, so if you want some to role with just let me know.

We should all meet somewhere then with the group that JamJay is talking about... fun fun ^^

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.