GT28RS - I'm fitting one has anyone else ?

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
OK so it does work - here are some more

http://img160.imageshack.us/my.php?image=turbo2ai1.jpg

http://img238.imageshack.us/my.php?image=turbo3fl5.jpg

Next stage will be to fit it and start fabricating the Exhaust, charge pipe etc....

Andy C

Yes, they work but in a link. If you want to put them direct into the thread, go to the insert picture icon on your message box and click on it. (In the advanced message box as opposed to the quick reply message box, its the 4th icon from the right) Paste the address of the image and click okay.

Your picture will now be in the thread:)

turbo2ai1.jpg

Last edited:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
looks like it pushes the assembly away from the block a fair way or is that the angle of the picture?

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
No it shouldnt mate, it should be a direct cut and paste jobbie.

Cut the address of where the picture is uploaded from, click on the image button in your advanced text box and paste in that address!

Your picture should appear.

You trying to show these...

turbo1kb1.jpg

turbo3fl5.jpg

Last edited:

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Also if you right click on the picture, go to properties and it will tell you the web address where it is hosted! Cut the address from there and then paste it like explained before

Andy Cotton

Sep 20, 2005
Yeovil Somerset
Mmmm I thought I did that. Anyway you've done it for me ....thankyou.

Manifold cost £400, it's been trialed on a Motorsport TT running 350BHP and it hasn't cracked so far.

I will be pulling the car off the road in about a week or so so I can crack on with the job.

Does any one know what fittings the Oil feed and Coolant feed / Return are, as I have to get some pipes made up.

I've been told that the Coolant feed return are 14mm 1.5 Pitch and the Oil feed is 7/16th UNF 20 thread................is this correct ?

Ibiza sport man

Dec 13, 2003
Kettering
Visit site
When I went out in bernards 1st one - with tdi 'box and k04 it was shockingly fast

But the intercooler into the 'duct' had the whole inlet system stone cold - very very effective placement

You need to have a go in it now, the Diesel box went long ago. Just had it remapped to push the boundaries a bit further, 280 BHP 291 ft lb :)

Bernard

Andy Cotton

Sep 20, 2005
Yeovil Somerset
For anyone who is interested I found out what the fittings are on the turbo for oil and coolant.

Oil feed is 7/16 - 24 UNF Male concave seat
Coolant feed / Return 14mm 1.5 pitch.

Why do those Americans mix Metric and imperial ! Car is coming off the road this weekend.
Turbo and manifold should be fitted at the weekend and exhaust is being fabricated next week.

Andy C

Andy Cotton

Sep 20, 2005
Yeovil Somerset
Hi again,

the car is in bits and the K04 and manifold is off. Unfortunately I've come across a minor problem.
Cylinder 3 exhasut is very oiley if you look into the exhaust port. On closer inspection you can see one valve is very oiley and one valve is clean / sooty.......it looks to me like the valve guide seal has gone on that exhaust valve.

Does anyone know if this can be fixed with the head on or does it need to come off.

I guess if it's got to come off - I may as well do them all.

Urgent response needed guys.

Andy C :-(......................................photos soon !

Last edited:

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
on valvers (16) it can be done in situ.. by applying air pressure to the cylinder via the spark plug hole to hold the valve up. 20v? Hmmm... not as sure.. its gong to be VERY fiddly in the deep pockets.. imagine collets falling inside..

Andy Cotton

Sep 20, 2005
Yeovil Somerset
turbo3nn0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I've managed to get the turbo and manifold on, I had the exhaust downpipe fabricated yesterday.
It's 3" stainless, V banded.

I'm gonna have to do some serious insulating from the heat generated as the body is fibreglass.

630cl injectors are on order as well.

What do you think ?

Last edited:

Andy Cotton

Sep 20, 2005
Yeovil Somerset

Hers's another.

Next job is to take the head off and sort this valve guide seal out.

I'm currently fabricating the charge pipe and intake pipe - so more phots when they have been made.

I'm interested in any of your comments - am I mad ?:doh:

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk

Hers's another.

Next job is to take the head off and sort this valve guide seal out.

I'm currently fabricating the charge pipe and intake pipe - so more phots when they have been made.

I'm interested in any of your comments - am I mad ?:doh:

Good luck with your heat management. Its going to radiate some serious heat.. When you heat wrap, remember that heat will have to travel somewhere so downstream will get significantly hotter. Dont want you catching fire.

compressor outlet pointing to floor...?
you going to collide with driveshaft and g'box?

Andy Cotton

Sep 20, 2005
Yeovil Somerset
No we don't have brake servos and anyway the brake thinghys are in the front and the engine is in the back so not a problem.

The compressor outlet is pointing to the floor on purpose. A samco 90 will take it straight to the intercooler.........very efficient !!

I've taken the head off and the pistons looks good, I need to get the valve guide seals replaced. Anyone know how to compress the chain tensioner so I can take the cams out ?..........and no I have not got that special tool.

Tha Spank

Oct 26, 2005
Netherlands
No we don't have brake servos and anyway the brake thinghys are in the front and the engine is in the back so not a problem.

The compressor outlet is pointing to the floor on purpose. A samco 90 will take it straight to the intercooler.........very efficient !!

I've taken the head off and the pistons looks good, I need to get the valve guide seals replaced. Anyone know how to compress the chain tensioner so I can take the cams out ?..........and no I have not got that special tool.

and are you going to put the OEM pistons and rods ore replace it
with stronger ones?