GTI 30 vs Leon Cupra

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
Wish I could understand that.. As it's two cars i'm looking at.. Think i'm going for the Golf to be honest.. Not much in it, but just prefer the interior and should be a little bit quicker too..

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
I do like my Golf, ED30 was too much when I got mine.

Planning to keep this one and its an easy one to live with, always the turbo upgrade route for 350bhp if needed :D

Poverty

I will get it translated for you guys ;)

Actually I will do a running commentary.

Says the leons turn in is great.
the engine makes a great sound.
Says the engine is "amazing".
Says the gear throws are a bit long but its easy to live with.

Opps he then says hes bored and proceeds to do a handbrake turn.

Its late and I cant be bothered to sit here for 10 minutes.

So in a nutshell the guys verdict is that the leon is more powerful and better value for money but still at the end of the day the vehicles resemble so closesly that there is no winner but rather it being a personal choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lewis_FR

Jul 1, 2007
Tiverton, Devon
I will get it translated for you guys ;)

Actually I will do a running commentary.

Says the leons turn in is great.
the engine makes a great sound.
Says the engine is "amazing".
Says the gear throws are a bit long but its easy to live with.

Opps he then says hes bored and proceeds to do a handbrake turn.

Its late and I cant be bothered to sit here for 10 minutes.

So in a nutshell the guys verdict is that the leon is more powerful and better value for money but still at the end of the day the vehicles resemble so closesly that there is no winner but rather it being a personal choice.

So did he actually say anything we dont already know? Then finished it off with "Its down to Personal opinion" Not a very helpful review :whistle:

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
Do like the Leon in white, not sure if I could have one myself but it certainly is starting to look good.

My mate had a Leon hire car the other day and he came back and commented on the visibility not being great - specifically the A pillars and reversing.

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
Agree with the Golf being nicer inside, but intrigued as to why you think the Golf would be faster :confused:

Same engine and power, in a lighter car... Simple really....! :) I know the Cupra in supposedly 7bhp more, but read a lot of reviews saying there's no difference. Plus a lot of cars when been on rollers have confirmed this..
Not saying the Golf will leave the Cupra, cause it clearly won't.. But I imagine it will be very slightly quicker..

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Its 10bhp more :)

all the cupras that have been on the rollers are getting at least 250hp

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
They're never 1500kgs mate.. That how much the R32 weighs along with it's 4WD train and heavy 3.2 V6..
The GTI weighs 1336kgs with the Cupra weighing 1376kgs.. Gives them both around 172bhp/tonne.. That's going by the Cupra having 7bhp more.. But I heard they were the same engine with no differences.. Could be wrong though..
What are the differences mate, can you shed any light? Same with the S3 too.. What are the differences, any ideas?
Nice result with yours by the way? How you getting on with it? You had it mapped yet? How does it compare with the Toledo? Sooooo many questions.. Ha!

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.