GUIDE: Fitting Dension Gateway 100 (or other iPod connector)

Yannerson

Oct 16, 2005
Hi

I've just been looking at your old post about installing the Denison Gateway 100. (Very detailed by the way!)

I've also read that some people have bought this & can't connect to their MFD. (Think they have the non-Cam Bus version).

I made some enquiries today about buying this unit & they said that the CAN-BUS version is not available yet for the MK2 Leon! I asked for a part Ref number but said that there will only be one available for this particular car so part numbers of no use!

Can you shed any light on this? I have standard Mk 2 Leon 2.0 Tdi Sport with Bluetooth.

Any info will help as really want to get this fitted soon.

Thanks

I've only just bought this unit but it is now called GW16VC1 (rather than GW15VC1) from Car Vision UK and it works perfectly.

By using this guide I managed to fit it in about 1 hr and I'm a complete knuckle head when it comes to this sort of thing.

mmdd

Hi.Use google translator because I am Español.Sorry if I do not understand
I bought a Dension Gateway 100 and GW16vc1 version can not display text on my MFD.
I do not understand how it works GW15vc1 the text and the new version does not.
I contacted Dension moment but they have not been able to solve.
Everything works minus the text, ie you can select artists and albums, but blind.
Anybody can help me?

PS: My car is an FR TDI 2006 with the radio serial and usb mp3 com under asiento.Gracias

Shadders

Apr 14, 2009
Sandy
I've only just bought this unit but it is now called GW16VC1 (rather than GW15VC1) from Car Vision UK and it works perfectly.

By using this guide I managed to fit it in about 1 hr and I'm a complete knuckle head when it comes to this sort of thing.

Thanks for your reply.

I now having this fitted on Friday so fingers crossed! Getting a pro to do it as a. don't have the time/DIY skills & b. I wanted it fitted into the armrest!

Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for your unit?

Shadders

Apr 14, 2009
Sandy
Hi.Use google translator because I am Español.Sorry if I do not understand
I bought a Dension Gateway 100 and GW16vc1 version can not display text on my MFD.
I do not understand how it works GW15vc1 the text and the new version does not.
I contacted Dension moment but they have not been able to solve.
Everything works minus the text, ie you can select artists and albums, but blind.
Anybody can help me?

PS: My car is an FR TDI 2006 with the radio serial and usb mp3 com under asiento.Gracias

Hi

My girlfriend should have responded as speaks fluent Spanish!

I only have the standard 2.0tdi Sport with standard head unit so cannot comment. I will let you know what happens as I am having this unit fitted on Friday.

Cheers

Shadders

Apr 14, 2009
Sandy
I know what you mean!

I actually emailed Denison direct via their web site as I wasn't sure which one would work properly. They even asked me to email photos of the head unit/MFD display to check.

They said I need GW16VC1 (Gateway 100) or GW33VC1 (gateway 300).

I've also seen the one listed on that web site but not sure what that is. I'm having mine fitted on Friday so will let you know how it goes.

I'm local to you as live in Knebworth & having it fitted by LM Audio in Knebworth.

Fingers crossed will have good review early next week! :)

LeonMunkee

Jan 5, 2008
Reading, Berkshire
Ok just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons. i have done a search for the above mentioned Denison gateway 100 and im getting the following product code GW16AU2/VW1 for £139.97 from http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/iPod_Car_Kit/For_Factory_Fitted_Radios/Seat_iPod_Car_Kit/Dension_Seat_Gateway_100_iPod_Car_Kit/Seat_ice%3ELink_Gateway_100

confused.com!
As far as I'm aware, that one is not the CAN-BUS version and so will only interface with the head unit and not with the MFD, meaning no text display. You'll need the 'VC' rather than the 'VW' part to get the MFD integration.

Martin_DSG

Apr 26, 2009
Stevenage
I’ve had a shop around for those that may be interested in this product.
http://car-vision.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=276&products_id=5343&osCsid=syhdbyyorh

Personally I wouldn’t advise buying from eBay, as im not sure if the internal config is generic or car specific.

£135 inc vat + postage

I suppose I should do that disclaimer bit, I don’t work for car-vision. Neither do I accept any responsibility if the above product is incompatible with your car

LeonMunkee

Jan 5, 2008
Reading, Berkshire
http://car-vision.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=276&products_id=5343&osCsid=syhdbyyorh

Personally I wouldn’t advise buying from eBay, as im not sure if the internal config is generic or car specific.

£135 inc vat + postage

I suppose I should do that disclaimer bit, I don’t work for car-vision. Neither do I accept any responsibility if the above product is incompatible with your car
Does that include the link cable/cradle that you need to hook it up, or is it just the Gateway 100 box itself?

Martin_DSG

Apr 26, 2009
Stevenage
bang on another £25 for the cable and £26 for the cradle.

i looked for a cheaper cable from other sites but this seems to be the ceapest plus your only paying one delivery charge.

Shadders

Apr 14, 2009
Sandy
I was quoted £200 inc Vat fitted. That includes the docking cable.
Looks like I've got a good deal but will wait until see if it works before commenting!

Martin_DSG

Apr 26, 2009
Stevenage
Shadders,
Follow leonmunkee's guide and you will save about 40 beer tokens.
im going to order mine today and fit it myself.
i see your 5 mins down the road, who quoted you?

Shadders

Apr 14, 2009
Sandy
Shadders,
Follow leonmunkee's guide and you will save about 40 beer tokens.
im going to order mine today and fit it myself.
i see your 5 mins down the road, who quoted you?

LM Audio in Knebworth.

I wanted to use them so that I got the right unit fitted. At least if they get wrong one can send back with no charge to me.

Also, I wanted the ipod dock to go into the central armrest & didn't fancy messing around with the plastics of the central console.

I could do with saving the cash but don't have any time to try & do it properly & would probably f*@k it up big time!!

LeonMunkee

Jan 5, 2008
Reading, Berkshire
I'm glad the guide is able to help some people, but I'll happily admit it can be a little tricky to remove the HU without causing any damage to the HU surround or fascia, but it can be done if you're careful and have a little patience.

If you're not sure of getting the right unit though, your approach may be the better one.

Shadders

Apr 14, 2009
Sandy
I'm glad the guide is able to help some people, but I'll happily admit it can be a little tricky to remove the HU without causing any damage to the HU surround or fascia, but it can be done if you're careful and have a little patience.

If you're not sure of getting the right unit though, your approach may be the better one.
Thanks for info LeonMunkee

If I had the time would actually prefer to do it myself but don't seem to have 5 mins these days! Think I could follow your guide but don't want to rush & damage something that I also can't afford to replace.
Getting married this year so my financial situation only going to get worse in short term!!

Thanks again for your help.

Shadders

Apr 14, 2009
Sandy

£135 inc vat + postage

Hi

How did you get on fitting the Denison?
I had mine booked in for fitting but when unit turned up had wrong connections! They've had to order another one & should be here by end of this week.

Can you let me know how you got on with yours & what part number you used?

Cheers

Martin_DSG

Apr 26, 2009
Stevenage
i havent bought one yet. i wanted to take my unit out and see if there was an aux port at the back, there isnt!
0A wants to get me the Denison for my bday, which is in july. im now having issues with my shark fin aerial so i dont know if i can wait til then.
i was at my local seat and they have the Denison with the cradle(maybe cable aswell) , cost is £149.50 fitted.

Shadders

Apr 14, 2009
Sandy
i havent bought one yet. i wanted to take my unit out and see if there was an aux port at the back, there isnt!
0A wants to get me the Denison for my bday, which is in july. im now having issues with my shark fin aerial so i dont know if i can wait til then.
i was at my local seat and they have the Denison with the cradle(maybe cable aswell) , cost is £149.50 fitted.

Funny enough I was at local Seat (Letchworth) last week & saw the same thing! That is the Ice Link rather than the Gateway & apparently not as good. Also it won't show anything on the MFD as I have the Bluetooth screen.

I haven't actually checked mine but thought there was port for external CD changer? Also, my standard Head Unit is a Blaupunkt.

When mine is installed & working, hopefully by the weekend, will post & let you know what happened.

Cheers:shrug:

Martin_DSG

Apr 26, 2009
Stevenage
shadders, i think our cars are carbon copy's, lol.
There is some kind of connection port at the rear of the HU, more then likely for the CD changer.
make sure when you take the HU out that the gear stick isnt in 'P' or 'N' i scuffed mine a little. try to put it in 'S' however doing this you wont be able to take the keys out of the ignition!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.