Guide to catch tank fittings.

I'm thinking of removing the piping uner the inlet manifold but keeping it original up top i.e. leaving the 3 way hose from the rocker breather to the TIP as it is and connecting the 19mm hose from the oil filter housing with a straight 19mm joiner to the 3 way hose.

Do you know if this could potentially cause any problems?

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
No it should be fine as thats how it would be with the catch tank, you should have a hose going from the top of the oil filter housing to the three way hose by the outlet on the cam cover.

cupra02ben

May 10, 2012
Hey sorry new to all this, just fitted a v2.2 and its caused my breather pipe to collapse from such a strong vacuum. .... been advised to do a pvc delete...
Would you be able to tell me all the hoses (lengths, diameter ect ) and what ever else I would need. Sorry to be a pain. Cheers
Ideally want it ti look like yours with all the red hoses..
Hoing trax sunday so just need ti find out what I need so I can try get it all then.
Cheers

Br!dges

Jul 9, 2011
Wales
Well attempted this today and it obviously hasn't been touched before because this snapped so easily!!

Untitled by t1mbo86, on Flickr

Also am I right in saying in the bottom picture, the brake server pipe leading off to the right from the T-Pipe can be capped off and left like that? Thanks :)

Untitled by t1mbo86, on Flickr

Ebes86

Jul 25, 2013
Follow what comes from the pipe on top of the oil filter and remove it, you will have some pipes that go to the inlet manifold you will need to blank them of so you dont get a vacuum leak, then follow what comes from the cam cover and remove that right up to the tip. You should have two out puts from the engine the one on the cam cover and the one from the top of the oil filter they both blow gases from the engine and need to be "T'ed" together and then in to the catch tank, you can then either run the out from the catch tank to the T.I.P or out to atmosphere under the bulk head (not in the engine bay or the gases will end up in the car and you will die) The amount of elbows depends on the route of the hoses and where you have mounted the catch tank, the best thing to do is mount the catch tank and then plan your hose route. I hope this makes sense.

This is my latest set up, just to confuse matters more i have had my catch tank custom made and has two inlets and the one outlet this allows me to run the hoses without having to "T" them together, but you can follow the hose routes from the pipe under the manifold and the
cam cover and to the T.I.P.

5078353395_b3228d5474_b.jpg

(if anyone is interested in the catch tanks PM me and i will let you have the contact details and cost of the tank, please note i do not benefit from any sales of these tanks)

Hi PhillC,

Can I just ask why you have 2 catch cans?

I'm looking to get a catch can fitted soon, but thought you only needed 1.

Thanks

P.S your bay was amazing

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I doubt Phill comes on here much anymore but the one can in the pic is actually a coolant swirl pot not a catch can

RyansCupraR

Jan 1, 2016
So all the lines under the inlet I ccan scrap ? Obv blank off nipple underneath,,,, move the one way valve half way up brake booster line ? Then brake booster line straight onto side of inlet where the u shape thing went that was part of the system under inlet

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.