AndrewJB

Guide to updating RNS310 Firmware

Mar 6, 2019
France
Hello,
I'm coming to dig up this topic. I would like to update my RSN 310, obviously I do not have much of a delay since it is currently in version 0353. According to the guide of the first post, it is therefore necessary to obtain the file of update by zippyshare, burn it at speed 1 if possible with Alcohol 120% software. I have many qustions :
- cd-r or cd-rw?
- Should I reinstall the software already present or install twice the latest software as for the 0351?
- Does the transaction present risks? What are they ?
- what are the changes between his two versions? Sound level? Other?

As far as gps is concerned, is it normal for me to introduce support for navigation to work? Is it not possible to load / save the cards in the device and to be able to use it without introducing support?

Thank you in advance to all

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Hello,
I'm coming to dig up this topic. I would like to update my RSN 310, obviously I do not have much of a delay since it is currently in version 0353. According to the guide of the first post, it is therefore necessary to obtain the file of update by zippyshare, burn it at speed 1 if possible with Alcohol 120% software. I have many qustions :
- cd-r or cd-rw?
- Should I reinstall the software already present or install twice the latest software as for the 0351?
- Does the transaction present risks? What are they ?
- what are the changes between his two versions? Sound level? Other?

As far as gps is concerned, is it normal for me to introduce support for navigation to work? Is it not possible to load / save the cards in the device and to be able to use it without introducing support?

Thank you in advance to all
I would be careful as it looks like you've been updated previously that you don't know what the previous user came from, in the first post do you have all the benefits from having 353 for example, do you have the traffic speed limit in the top left and do you have 2d and 3d maps etc? If you have these I doubt you will gain much from going to 357 (I think is the latest).

I'd day you have more chance of bricking your device than making it any better... The update is a long process. I went from version 2 to 3 and it was worth it... For you I'm not so sure.

Jun 25, 2019
Hi Andrew.

I appreciate this is a very old thread.

I’ve just purchased a Passat with a fitted RNS-310 but as I’ve discovered, it’s in need of a firmware update - the current version is 0227, H15.

I was very pleased to find this thread as it’s exactly what I need to do, but alas, I cannot seem to download the relevant files - maybe the links have expired, It just keeps throwing ups 403 forbidden page…

Any chance you can send me the links another way, or help me understand how I can gain access to these files? - Fingers crossed.

Kind Regards,
Stu

Jun 25, 2019
@StuStu :D

Here you gu - just for rhyming purposes.

212 to 351.
351 to 357 which you need 7zip to open.

https://files.fm/u/j9j6sqr4

So a little update for any future enquiries, and especially Mac users.

I've managed to, as some in previous comments suggest, update from 212 -> 351, then with the second disc, straight to 357.
These two files here that Manji has shared were both fine …Cheers Manji!

For Mac users: I used https://theunarchiver.com to unzip both files - 212 is “.rar” format, and 351 is “.7s” - Unarchiver is free and works with Dozens of other formats - you will need to use the passwords supplied in the initial file; they are in a text document.

The second disk extracts as a “.iso” file to the desktop. I was able to burn this with relative ease using the ‘Burn’ program I already had - found here http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/Pages/English/home.html

The first Disc however, was a little more difficult. Most users report using ‘Alcohol 120%’ or ‘imgburn’ - both these are windows only software so no good for me. I ended up using ‘Daemon Tools’ https://www.daemon-tools.cc/home which you can download free as a trial version for a few days, and with limited options I think …(enough to be able to perform the task).

So for the second disc, simply drag the RNS310.img file from the desktop into the Daemon tools window, and select the ‘Burn an Image’ icon.
Select your disc drive in the drop down menu (I used an external drive).
There were no options to “burn as slow as possible” so I just checked the two tick boxes “finalize” and Verify” and clicked ‘Burn” worked fine.

N.B. when installing the firmware in the car, both CD’s finished their operation but asked for more files or a carrier update(?) I just re-inserted that CD and let it do it’s thing. At one point with the second disc I did panic as it frozen for a bit, but don’t panic, it will eventually continue.

All updated to 0357! Unfortunately I only have V1 of maps so until I sort out getting the newest, or at least a newer version, I still don’t have the 7-digit postcode search. The 2D options are there and I imagine the speed icon once I go for a drive or update the maps. I still don’t have the telephone function as I have no Bluetooth module under the seat. Not massively bothered about this as I have a WV touch adaptor installed in mine, and whilst it’s not amazing, does have great hand free sound through the stereo.

Thanks for the help!
Stu

Reactions: manji
Sep 15, 2019
So a little update for any future enquiries, and especially Mac users.

I've managed to, as some in previous comments suggest, update from 212 -> 351, then with the second disc, straight to 357.
These two files here that Manji has shared were both fine …Cheers Manji!

For Mac users: I used https://theunarchiver.com to unzip both files - 212 is “.rar” format, and 351 is “.7s” - Unarchiver is free and works with Dozens of other formats - you will need to use the passwords supplied in the initial file; they are in a text document.

The second disk extracts as a “.iso” file to the desktop. I was able to burn this with relative ease using the ‘Burn’ program I already had - found here http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/Pages/English/home.html

The first Disc however, was a little more difficult. Most users report using ‘Alcohol 120%’ or ‘imgburn’ - both these are windows only software so no good for me. I ended up using ‘Daemon Tools’ https://www.daemon-tools.cc/home which you can download free as a trial version for a few days, and with limited options I think …(enough to be able to perform the task).

So for the second disc, simply drag the RNS310.img file from the desktop into the Daemon tools window, and select the ‘Burn an Image’ icon.
Select your disc drive in the drop down menu (I used an external drive).
There were no options to “burn as slow as possible” so I just checked the two tick boxes “finalize” and Verify” and clicked ‘Burn” worked fine.

N.B. when installing the firmware in the car, both CD’s finished their operation but asked for more files or a carrier update(?) I just re-inserted that CD and let it do it’s thing. At one point with the second disc I did panic as it frozen for a bit, but don’t panic, it will eventually continue.

All updated to 0357! Unfortunately I only have V1 of maps so until I sort out getting the newest, or at least a newer version, I still don’t have the 7-digit postcode search. The 2D options are there and I imagine the speed icon once I go for a drive or update the maps. I still don’t have the telephone function as I have no Bluetooth module under the seat. Not massively bothered about this as I have a WV touch adaptor installed in mine, and whilst it’s not amazing, does have great hand free sound through the stereo.

Thanks for the help!
Stu

Hey @StuStu!
Can you please provide me a link with the firmware updates? The link provided by @manji is not working anymore :(
Thanks

May 18, 2020
Hello, just got a Leon with RNS310 fitted with version 227, can anyone provide me working links for the update? Thank you!

Moody95

Whoosh and your away
Sep 26, 2016
Hull
Does anyone have the latest links which work to update this from 0227, I bought and fitted an rns310 today but is clearly old firmware

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Does anyone have the latest links which work to update this from 0227, I bought and fitted an rns310 today but is clearly old firmware
I may have something... Not sure what I had to begin with though...

Moody95

Whoosh and your away
Sep 26, 2016
Hull
This is mine
15913871495463483928312268974815.jpg
15913871871447469048738794119685.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.