H7 6000k HID Kit fitted. What H1 Full Beam and H3 Foglight bulbs to match?

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
Folks,

I currently have a 6000k dipped beam HID kit fitted to my car. i have a set of LED sidelights still to fit as there were difficulties with them (wasnt sure of the correct way to install the resistors that are needed)

My question is... if i dont wish tospened the money on a H1 Full beam kit, what direct replacement upgrade bulbs should i go for??

I have fitted a set of OSRAM Nightbreakers for my fogs and they look fine from a distance but as you get closer it becomes apparent that they stil have quite a yellowish tinge to them compared to that of the HID dipped beam.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
no bulb will look right next to HIDs. the only way to get a colour match is another HID kit, but with main beam it's overkill and not good for kit with flashing. for fogs, i'm not sure how and where to store ballast down there. surely someone here has done it.

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Northern Ireland: Limavady
Hi mate, I cannot find good fog light bulbs either, however I got some ordinary sidelight bulbs (non led) from a seller off ebay from Malaysia, the sellers name is partslot. They are a perfect colour temperature match to the 6000k HIDs. They look blue when not lit but when turned on they are an intense white colour.

Ill try and post some pics up later when I get home as my work IT systems dont let me onto Photobucket to host pics.

As for the full beam, I too am using OSRAM Night Breakers but as you say not the ideal colour match at all.

What part of Norn Iron you from?

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
@ DaveysFR - am i write in thinking ive spoke to you before on Jon44w??

Im from Ballymena

I might have a look for those sidelight bulbs if i cant get the resistors and the LED ones i have up and running, cheers for the info.

The OSRAMS i have are for the fogs, i currently cant use my full beam at all as my HID kit brings on a fault if i use it... all the lights jst go out! what HID kit are you using, have you had any problems and where did you purchase if you dont mind me asking...?

See your Bluefin... what sort of power are you getting? you're diesel too, yes?

thestonegate

Dan & Khym
The OSRAMS i have are for the fogs, i currently cant use my full beam at all as my HID kit brings on a fault if i use it... all the lights jst go out! what HID kit are you using, have you had any problems and where did you purchase if you dont mind me asking...?

Firsty - the only kit that will work on the MKII Leon is the : Hids 4 u - Ultimate kit £199.00

Secondly - Matching Bulbs for your HIDS : 6000K H1 & H3 (High Beam & Fogs) 100W HID Effect http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2pc-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I hope this helps very much - I've been testing out different bulbs since April 2008...As I don't want to install HIDS for the warranty void issues:funk:

I'd rather buy a plug N Play bulb that produces the same effect:funk:

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
White Lady 170,

Yes mate you were talking to me on Jon44w before.

thestonegate is correct, I have the HIDs4U Ultimate Kit fitted to my car and have no issues with bulb warning lights and all my lights can be used at the same time. This is because the ultimate kit comes with special resistors built into the ballasts to stop the issues you are having.

Aye my car is diesel. The Bluefin is meant to take the car up to 210-215bhp and give it an extra 70Nm of torque. I havent had the car Rolling Roaded since I installed the bluefin back in August last year, but the difference is like night and day, especially in 4th, 5th and 6th. The car revs out much more freely and pulls all the way to the redline. The power delivery is also smoother so the wheelspin in low gears is less than standard.

Hope this helps, any other questions just ask.

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated!

Im currently looking at Carmodshop's HID Kit as they state the kit can be used with the Can-bus system that the Mk2 Leon uses... it comes as an H7R kit which is specifically designed for reflector headlight units. they weigh in at a considerably less price of £80.00

DaveysFR,

Where abouts did you go to have the Bluefin map done? i was thinking Revo as i heard there was somewhere in N. Ireland that could do it. (possibly East Coast Customs? maybe even ************... i cant actually remember now)

Im glad to here it sorts out the wheelspin, on the greasy roads round here its very difficult to get the traction when you give it that bit extra... when she starts to judder its the worst feeling ever!!

on a side note... where abouts do you create a signature for the bottom of your posts? as you can see im a newbie! been using Seatcupra for a while but never got round to signing up!

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
The Carmodshop kit is a good enough one lad, my friend has it on a new 207. Better value but the quality wouldnt be the same as the HIDs4U kit but sure its a good price and itll be more than up to the job ;)

You buy the Bluefin from Superchips direct. Go to www.superchips.co.uk and look up the bluein link mate, its a handset that you use to remap the car YOURSELF, some job and you can take it off when you want and put it back on. They are currently doing a 20% off promotion on it. So it originally cost £499 when I bought it but its going at the minute for £391 with the promotion. Get her bought lol.

As for the signature, go into your USER CP at the top of the page, and go to the left hand side and you will see EDIT SIGNATURE that should be you sorted.

daveclayton

Sep 22, 2008
wakefield
fitted my dipped beam with 6k hids. got led sidelights too. but have resistors in them. hids wont work in full beam without a relay putting in.

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
DaveysFR,

I looked at that sellers items on ebay you said about... not quite sure which ones to go for. can you remember the name or anything about the sidelight bulbs you purchased??

I tried my LED sidelights today again and wired the resistor in line with the bulb but they come on for 2secs then straight off again and the bulb fault light comes on. when the resistor is still in place and the original bulb is put in the resistor is definately doing its job since the bulb is a lot dimmer... why would the LED's still not work though? really frustrating now...

jcp

Dec 18, 2008
Herts
Just ordered a pair -hope Ive chosen the correct one -says w5w equivalent will let you all know.

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
jcp,

il take the other set off your hands at the cheaper price... :funk: lol

well, ive one more thing left to try before il be looking a set... apparently i might have had the resistor wired the wrong way round so i have to turn it around and try again. fingers crossed!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.