handbreak light flashing and bleep???

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
The flashing and beeping is just a reminder that you've left your handbrake on. It's in addition to the normal sold light that comes on when you're stationary.

I've had this occasionally when I've not disengaged the handbrake completely, and it's been left on the last notch. It's not enough to have any braking effect, but enough to set the alarm off. So the first thing to check is that the handbrake is definitely off. After that it might be a switch fault.

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
To the right of the coolant tank and back to the firewall there is a yellow cap for the brake fluid.

P20-12-08_1428.jpg

Last edited:

Keir

Mar 5, 2010
Middlesbrough
www.pixel-edge.net
we had this on ours before stealer wanted £40 to look at if then more if any new parts if needed.

Checked it myself and right at the back of the handbreak(under the cover), there is a switch. This was just loose, dead easy to clip it back on.

If this is the issue when you press down of the back of the cover the light will go off.

steslatt

Aug 14, 2009
Haslingden
www.facebook.com
To the right of the coolant tank and back to the firewall there is a yellow cap for the brake fluid.

P20-12-08_1428.jpg

unfortunately, my engine bay layout if different. although the fluid is in the same place, i have an intercooler pipe covering the front part of it and some other pipes running over the top. im at work so cant take anything off to check it :(