Handy things to know about your Ibiza MK5

HAIRWEGO

NICK...
Jan 18, 2010
Poole, Dorset.
I like the way our Bi-xenon lights when swiched on, go through three different positions, before they center....... i love it hehehe............

vtxracer

Jul 25, 2009
Greece
Is it possible to activate the Needle sweep feature ??
I found this, but i dont have VAG-COM to test it....

Enabling Gauge Test/Needle Sweep
This will sweep the gauge needles through their full range automatically when you start the engine.

[Select]
[17 - Instruments]
[Coding - 07]
[Long Coding Helper]
Click on each of the Byte numbers in step 3) and you'll see the selectable options below.
Check the box for "Gauge Test/Needle Sweep active"

Close the Long Coding Helper by clicking the Windows X box on the top right of the screen or clicking the Exit button on the top left of the screen) will send your new Coding value back to the Coding screen.
[Do It!]

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Just checked on mine, option not on there.

Only

Byte 0 - distance impluse
- country

Byte 1 - brake pad warning
- seatbelt warning
- washer fluid warning
- mfd

Byte 2 - binary coding, no data

Staging is in adaptation but the channel is not available.

That's it.

Last edited:

Shunter

Cheers guys - sorted out the autolock and the "coming home" on the new Cupra. A very useful thread :)

Heysham

Has anyone tried this I found on another website if its the same sorry not got my car yet so can't try it.

Address 17 – Instruments
Adaptation 10
Select “Staging” from the drop down list
Select “Active” from the drop down list
Save the changes

Elliot29

Apr 25, 2010
Has anyone tried this I found on another website if its the same sorry not got my car yet so can't try it.

Address 17 – Instruments
Adaptation 10
Select “Staging” from the drop down list
Select “Active” from the drop down list
Save the changes

Yep ive tried, doesnt work :( well on my MY11 boc anyway :(

yusuf_1977

How to

Hi guys
I have a 2009 MK5 ibiza referance 1.2 which is the basic entry level and i wonder if there is stg to lock the doors for the kids safety while travellling.
my 2 year old sisters daughter has opened the door while we were travelling yesterday:confused:

67544_457105402527_628367527_5444107_1909243_n.jpg

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
There's buttons near the hazard light switch, in front of the gear stick which are for locking/unlocking the doors.
If i remember correctly, earlier in this thread is the procedure to activate the "auto-lock" whereby the doors lock as soon as you drive above a certain speed.

alternatively, i've not looked, but there's usually a switch on the middle bit of the rear doors to activate the kiddie lock, ie they can only be opened from the outside

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
There should be a little thing inside the door just below the lock. Like a little stick type thing showing that you can either move up or dow. Used to be like that on older cars unless they have changed it. Mines 3 door so I can't check unfortunately.

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
I am assuming you are refering to child proof locks on the rear doors. If so open the rear door. On the inside edge of the door just above the door lock you will see a switch which can be operated with your ignition key, this activates the child proof locking on the rear doors.

Incidentally, this is well documented in the owners manual !

yusuf_1977

I am assuming you are refering to child proof locks on the rear doors. If so open the rear door. On the inside edge of the door just above the door lock you will see a switch which can be operated with your ignition key, this activates the child proof locking on the rear doors.

Incidentally, this is well documented in the owners manual !

so it is not possible to the it with the central locking system hmmm [:@]

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Nope, it is a manual thing unfortunately and biker hit the nail on the head. That was exactly what I was talking about. Didn't realise it works off the keay now, wow!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.