Handy things to know about your Ibiza MK5

MattyW

Ill try that thanks! I've been a little gentle with that particular knob as when I was on a test drive I twisted it and it came off! Dealer had to replace it before I could pick my car up!

BaldyDave

Mildly Deranged...
Aug 12, 2011
Central Belt Scotland
Turn the knob on the drivers door round 180 degrees. You'll see a little folding mirror icon on the underside, thats where you want to turn it too.

EDIT: DEAN0 beat me to it!

I agree with Mark and Deano. If you look at the electric mirror adjuster you'll see a folding mirror icon at the bottom... Just turn the selector to that position and watch those mirrors go! I have a MY10 FR and that's how I do it! :)

Deleted member 69232

nice post! wondered why my car wasnt auto locking.. now it is :D

gwilson30019

Had my Seat Ibiza for just under 3 years now and didnt realise that most of these functions were possible!!! Thanks OP! :D

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
anyone else notice that the fogs come on the front when the lights are on and your in reverse?

XH558

It is so that you know what is around the front end of the car when you are steering so that you don't hit anything.

Have you also noticed that the fan speed rises too?
That is so the exhaust gasses don't enter the cabin via the cabin air exhaust vents which are located at the rear of the car.

Every day is a school day.

Xanthianx

Apr 5, 2013
Worcester, UK
Turn the knob on the drivers door round 180 degrees. You'll see a little folding mirror icon on the underside, thats where you want to turn it too.

Don't think this feature is on the 13 plate FR's :(
Just given it a look and cant seem to get anything to shift other than the mirror glass

Steven5533

Never went in to the test screen but the info screen just lets you page through various info stored in the radio. ( never asked for any info to be entered )

I belive you need the radio code if you swap the radio in to another car cos it cant match it's code with the ECU.

I done this on my 10 sc 1.6 petrol and I went on the test screen and it just shows you the signal strength and similar stuff and didn't ask for any codes

Steven5533

If you hold the lock button down as if you was doing the auto window feature it will eventually fold the mirrors in and then when you turn the ignition on it unfolds them but there has been a couple of times this hasn't worked for me on the unfolding x

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Really? On an Ibiza? Are you sure? What model, spec and options have you got as doing what you've suggested on mine has only ever locked then closed the windows.
They've never unfolded on ignition.

Remote mirror folding comes with the Leon AFAIK.

Last edited:

Steven5533

Really? On an Ibiza? Are you sure? What model, spec and options have you got as doing what you've suggested on mine has only ever locked then closed the windows.
They've never unfolded on ignition.

Remote mirror folding comes with the Leon AFAIK.

Seat ibiza estate copa it only unfolds on ignition if you fold them by the key it's my fiancée mums car mine don't have electric mirrors :(

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.