Has My Car Been Tweaked

Penfold

May 18, 2007
I bought my FR TDi about 4 weeks ago, and was impressed with the power, if a little lively but thought I would get used to it. Anyway, 4 weeks on and i'm starting to think it may have had a little tweaking by its previous owner. In 1st, 2nd and occasionaly 3rd the car is lively as hell, traction control flashing like a nightclub strobe light!

What do you think, normal or tweaked and how could I check if it has?

CupradanM

I bought my FR TDi about 4 weeks ago, and was impressed with the power, if a little lively but thought I would get used to it. Anyway, 4 weeks on and i'm starting to think it may have had a little tweaking by its previous owner. In 1st, 2nd and occasionaly 3rd the car is lively as hell, traction control flashing like a nightclub strobe light!

What do you think, normal or tweaked and how could I check if it has?

Get it on a rolling road mate it is the only way to tell tbh

lesinge2k

Feb 18, 2009
Uttoxeter
The FR TDi has a hell of a lot of torque low down in the revs approx 350 Nm iirc. My cupra kicks out 395 Nm at 4000 revs and slips a lot if i floor it even with goodyear eagle F1s.

It's probably normal.

joolsvern

The biggest MEMBER here
Jun 22, 2009
Doncaster
I've got a standard 140 and have timed 0-60 in about 7-8 seconds several times with the help of a friend in the passenger seat (that's about 190KG between us). OK its only a second or two faster than quoted but the road is almost perfectly flat and we've done it in both directions to allow for wind/slope. My car has never been privately owned (before me) so I can only conclude it came out of the factory with a bit more oommmph than normal.

Perhaps I am just a frickin awesome driver - well that's what I like to think.

sdownie1

Jul 23, 2008
scotland
Lesinge2k get rid of the F1s they are the worst tyre i have ever had mines used to loose traction at 65mph in the wet.I got rid of them today replaced by toyo proxy t1r s its like night and day.I am now also running on sportlines which also helps it handle better.;)

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Lesinge2k get rid of the F1s they are the worst tyre i have ever had mines used to loose traction at 65mph in the wet.I got rid of them today replaced by toyo proxy t1r s its like night and day.I am now also running on sportlines which also helps it handle better.;)

:confused: t1r's are pants mate, f1 assys are far superior although they would be when you look at the price.

At the end of the day your always gonna get wheelspin on a road tyre, if you dont want that get some track tyres.

lukecupra2001

Smoogie And Proud
Jul 25, 2005
middlesbrough
gsd3 eagle f1s are by far and away the best tyre ive ever used, had t1r before and were bollox.
theres a slip road near me from one a road to another and can take it flat out in wet and dry with f1s.
big:thumbup: from me.

on the has it been tinkered with theme can you log maf readings from diesels like can on the petrols to see what its flowing and get a rough estimate that way??

sdownie1

Jul 23, 2008
scotland
the goodyear eagle f1s, and goodyear eagle f1 assys, are a different tyre our friend quoted goodyear eagle f1s not f1 assys which are a superb tyre:D

lesinge2k

Feb 18, 2009
Uttoxeter
I have assys. The old directional ones are no longer available.

Eagle F1 covers both anyway.

The eagle F1 assym doesn't slip at all with no map on even in the wet. With the map, there is loads of slip when very wet, but it reduces a lot on a damp road.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise