Headlight Removal - Electrical Connector

ashleyeagles

I'm currently in the process of swapping my headlights for OEM Xenons but am having a bit of a problem disconnecting the electrical connector from the original units. It seems a very tight fit and don't want to be pulling on anything too hard for obvious reasons.

Does anyone know if there is a knack to removing the plug? Or if there are any tips on a simple easy way to disconnect it? Or come to think of it, if there is a special removal tool for this purpose? :confused:

Thanks
Ash

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
I'm currently in the process of swapping my headlights for OEM Xenons but am having a bit of a problem disconnecting the electrical connector from the original units. It seems a very tight fit and don't want to be pulling on anything too hard for obvious reasons.

Does anyone know if there is a knack to removing the plug? Or if there are any tips on a simple easy way to disconnect it? Or come to think of it, if there is a special removal tool for this purpose? :confused:

Thanks
Ash

I'd be interested in this too. I hate these connectors and the headlight ones are the worst. I tried to remove my headlights in order to fit my hids. I spent about 30 mins trying all different methods to remove the connector, but it didn't budge.

The smaller connectors i.e the foglight ones are quite easy to remove by pressing really hard on the tab to release the little plastic pin that holds it in place.

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol

Thanks
Ash

I hear you've got your lights fitted now ;) welcome to the OEM xenon club, seems everyone wants to join lol :lol:

ashleyeagles

I have indeed! All the minor problems are sorted now and just got to take them to a garage and get them levelled out! Glad to be back in the elite club - have really missed these since having them on another car a few years ago! Shame I couldnt get them for as little as you paid, but hey I think even at three times your amount it's worth it!

Ash

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.