Heavy seats.

Jul 11, 2009
Dorking
wasted 10 minutes of my life weighing the front, rear seats and seatbelts today - 83.5 kg
new seats, mountings, harness etc about 28kg, so my car is 55.5 kg lighter - result.:)

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Good grief!!! That is a serious amount of weight actually. Imagine how much quicker off the line it will be minus that weight???!!!!!!

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
Tell the truth, you knew they were heavy and what was involved. Nah, thatnks for the info, shame these seats are great I think. If you're serious, change them, which by the looks of what you've done already is what you're doing. Hehe.

ED

Jul 11, 2009
Dorking
LIGERO? heres the full list, - rear seats removed, front seats replaced with lightweight OMP race type inc custom alloy mounting plates, all belts removed front and rear and replaced by 4 point OMP harness inc custom mounting bar, rear trim panels lightened and rear speakers and soundproofing removed, lightweight 1 box exhaust fitted, engine soundproofing removed, rear shelf removed, steel jack replaced by alloy one from 2002 Polo, engine cover lightened, waiting for delivery of lightweight alloys/track tyres. just dont ask how much its cost so far :(

Poverty

LIGERO? heres the full list, - rear seats removed, front seats replaced with lightweight OMP race type inc custom alloy mounting plates, all belts removed front and rear and replaced by 4 point OMP harness inc custom mounting bar, rear trim panels lightened and rear speakers and soundproofing removed, lightweight 1 box exhaust fitted, engine soundproofing removed, rear shelf removed, steel jack replaced by alloy one from 2002 Polo, engine cover lightened, waiting for delivery of lightweight alloys/track tyres. just dont ask how much its cost so far :(

you got a progress thread mate, like what you are doing with your car.

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
Funny really, some people are working on improving their cars. But ibizaracebrake is taking that a little far. LOL. If you can do it, why not.

ED

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members