Hello, Just bought a cupra- suggestions....

squirrelater

Hi all,
Just bought a cheap but honest cupra, 2001 on a 'Y' plate.
Replaced my cordoba 130se that was written off:cry:

Car is completely standard, not after anything special, but wondered what are the first/essential things to fit/change?
I will have to go through the car and sort things, don't want to fit standard parts if there are mods that'll improve it (bushes, suspension parts etc.)
All aspects welcome, ICE,interior,engine,suspension,wheels......
Many thanks,
Stu

Dec 19, 2006
Facelift bumpers, dv007p, Cold air induction, full milltek exhaust system with de-cat, forge front mount intercooler, silicone hoses, boost and oil gauge, nomad pillar, KWv3's, forge quick shift, helix autosport uprated clutch and flywheel, Topped off with a Jabbasport remap that should get you started lol

welcome to the Cupra fold.

BoomhaueR

Wanna go fasterrrR
Oct 9, 2008
Exeter, Devon
I did all the little things whilst getting used to driving a turbo car, like head unit, c2 aerial, debadged, green cotton panel filter, sportier gear knob, new oil coils and sparks etc.
Then when you've done all the little things and become used to the power get a forge 007p and a stage 1 remap. By far the best bang for your buck!

squirrelater

Thanks for the replies.

Any suggestions for the 17" alloys? Is there a standard set to go for from another VAG car? I realise it is a personally thing, I did notice the 16" wheels and thought "Eh?"

Sorry to be dim, Whats a dv007 ? (exhaust?) and FMIC ?

Not looking to go mad, just want to have it running at it's potential, and handling, and sound good,and nice interior........

I'm new to all this and hate not knowing the abbreviations.

Toodle pip.

andycupra

status subject to change
FMIC, is front mount intercooler. - you currently have 1 intercooler which is located infront of the offside wheel arch in the bumper. (you will see pipe for intake manifold comes up from there).

007p is a striaght replacement for the stock diverter valve. The stock diverter valve is a plastic diapham type diverter, and the 007p is a forge piston type diveter which is alloy in contruction. Many people replace these as they are reliable as if you remap you will run higher boost levels and so the stock item will be worked a little harder.

It would be good to know how much you would be willing to spend. - for example many have said FMIC, but i wouldnt recommend one unless modded significantly. If you are looking to spend say £800, then you should be able to get:
1 remap
2 007p (purely reliability)
3 nice spring shock lowering.

oh and nearly forgot, uprating brake fluid and pads to ferrodos when they need doing is recommended. :)

Last edited:

squirrelater

Hi, thanks,

Not looking to spend anything, but I'm aware from previous cars and modding them that there are many fixes from standard worth doing.

My thoughts are:
A remap, possibly something else related to it that will help- IE intake changes.company car so can't have downtime or too silly mpg.....( yeah yeah,i know tdi......)
Wheels, I feel the standard 16" wheels are not doing it any favours in the looks dept.

Suspension: If the shocks/dampers are getting tired replace with a modest aftermarket set.

Bushes/suspension components, these will be upgraded as required, that is, When I'm working on something and it is off the car replace it.

ICE: new head unit, replacement speakers, possible sub.

Phoenix27

RIP Project Blueshift
Jan 17, 2010
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
007p is a striaght replacement for the stock diverter valve. The stock diverter valve is a plastic diapham type diverter, and the 007p is a forge piston type diveter which is alloy in contruction. Many people replace these as they are reliable as if you remap you will run higher boost levels and so the stock item will be worked a little harder.

Out of curiosity, the 007p is a pretty common upgrade but is the Forge Splitter DV worth the extra money?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise