HELP car stereo no power but fuses OK?

Jul 20, 2022
Hi all,

My car head unit all of a sudden turned off and now won't turn back on again tried fuses they seem OK including the one on back of head unit? I don't know what else to do it was working perfectly..

I've never had this issue before. I believe its fuse number 46 20amp that's the head unit fuse and there's a small 10amp on back of head unit. I've simply run out of ideas now?

I drive a 2014 Ibiza Fr 1.4

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Hi all,

My car head unit all of a sudden turned off and now won't turn back on again tried fuses they seem OK including the one on back of head unit? I don't know what else to do it was working perfectly..

I've never had this issue before. I believe its fuse number 46 20amp that's the head unit fuse and there's a small 10amp on back of head unit. I've simply run out of ideas now?

I drive a 2014 Ibiza Fr 1.4
Have you got power to the back of the head unit?

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Hi. There's no power checked fuses etc they are ok. The hazard etc all work but nothing on head unit no power
Hi that did not really answer the question ! You have all ready said the "Fuses" are ok but have you checked for 12 volts at the back of the radio (Head unit) ?

Jul 20, 2022
Hi that did not really answer the question ! You have all ready said the "Fuses" are ok but have you checked for 12 volts at the back of the radio (Head unit) ?
Nope. Il have to get a multimeter from work today and report back

Jul 20, 2022
Just to update. There was no power coming in so garage did a rewire with a few fuses and it's OK now

GORDYDJ

Mar 9, 2024
I know this is an old thread. But as I have a similar problem I thought it would be better to post it here. Today I decided to try my android head unit. The original unit {don't know it's name. It's the one with the red text} was working just a few minutes earlier. So I connected the android unit, turned on the ignition, but nothing happened. So I reconnected oem unit and it wasn't working either.
i didn't think to check the fuses as I had gone through them all earlier. My thoughts were, if the android unit had caused a short, their would have been a glimmer of life before a fuse died. And a short was unlikely as it's just a matter of connecting a plug and socket.

Any advice greatly accepted as I hate driving without music.:D
IMG_20240322_155818~2.jpg
IMG_20240324_155422.jpg
IMG_20240324_155439.jpg

Last edited:

GORDYDJ

Mar 9, 2024
Could it be that the aerial needs to be plugged in? Seems unlikely, but it could be acting as an earth.
I forgot to plug it back in. so I'll do that later.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.