Help Fuse for stereo and remote lead colour?

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
Hi folks, spent all day yesterday building an install for my car (aint quite finished it but alsmost there).
I pulled out the stereo to connect up the rca's and later on when i put the stereo back in it wouldnt come on. I noticed that the remote live cable had come off and the only disconnected wire on the standard wiring was a red and orange one. IS THIS THE REMOTE LIVE?
Also when i turned the ignition on i blew a fuse (my fault mucking about) for the interior light and electric windows (changed that and they are fine), but i have reconnected the remote live (well think it is) and still no stereo.
Anyone know does the stereo have a seperate fuse or share with something else?
Need to get it sorted asap as cant test anythiing i have fitted :(
Cheers all

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
There are two fuses for the stereo so I'd double check the rest of them to make sure you haven't blown the other as well....I dont think its red and orange but may be wrong!

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
ok cheers, do you know what fuse number or numbers it is for the stereo, as the interior light fuse that had blown was also the fuse for the electric windows but only showed the symbol of the light.

I know that the prob is either the remote live cable or a blown fuse, but really hoping that someone will know the answer to either or both to save me having to check all those fuses :(

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
just noticed when moved my car in work that the auto unlock when u take the key out isnt working so that fuse must be gone also, il change that after and see if it sorts it. Fingers crossed!!