Help !! K&N Kit on 2009 09 Plate K1

Mark-K1

Hi,

I have a March 2009 09 plate Leon Cupra K1, I have just brought a K&N Typhoon kit for it but there is a problem, the kit purchased part #69-9503 shows the correct engine bay (all be it an Audi) and the instruction all match apart from one additional pipe coming off the air feed just after the MAF sensor that runs to the DV, first question, is the TFSI engine in the 09 plate different to the 08 ??
The instructions show the kit is for the Leon II 2006-08

I have searched the K&N website for my car and its come back with the kit number 69-9756. The instructions seem to show a completley different engine from an earlier model VW Golf !! but say its for the Seat Leon 1.8 TFSI 2007- onwards.

I have spoken to the supplier and he is as confussed as me !!

I know the engine in the K1 is the TFSI 2.0l so that would seem to rule the 69-9756 kit out
but the 69-9503 kit is missing a pipe !!

Anyone running a K&N on a 2009 09 plate Cupra ??

Anyone got engine bay pictures of the 2008 version with the kit 69-9503 on ??

Or any information that may help solve this would be very helpfull. :doh::doh:

Cheers
Mark.

:D:D

P.S I may have a K&N Typhoon kit up for sale soon lol :whistle::whistle:

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Northern Ireland: Limavady
Hi mate, the problem is you have bought the one for a Leon FR TFSI or Golf GTI MkV. These cars have a 2.0 TFSI engine like ours BUT and heres the thing, they have a K03 turbo whereas the Cupra and K1 have the same turbo as the Audi S3, a K04.

The dumpvalve is built into the side of the K03 turbo on the Leon FR and Golf GTI MkV. But the engine in the Cupra has a separate dumpvalve (thats the pipe you are talking about at the front of the engine). The induction kit you have bought has no take off in the 90 degree bend going to the turbo so therefore it will not fit your car without a bit of modification.

Better put it on ebay and get an Evoms for a K04 from JKM Motorsport like I did mate.

HTH

Mark-K1

Cheers for the quick replys guys :D :D

On closer inspection of the car and instruction sheets, it would seem the kit 69-9756 would fit as it fits onto the end on the air intake that is part of the engine cover, kind of liking that option as it leaves the engine cover in place and looks tidy.

Will see what feedback I get back from K&N but would seem the website might be correct even if the data sheet is a tad miss leading.

Would still be interested to see if anyone has this kit on the Cupra ???

Mark

Mark-K1

Hi mate, the problem is you have bought the one for a Leon FR TFSI or Golf GTI MkV. These cars have a 2.0 TFSI engine like ours BUT and heres the thing, they have a K03 turbo whereas the Cupra and K1 have the same turbo as the Audi S3, a K04.

The dumpvalve is built into the side of the K03 turbo on the Leon FR and Golf GTI MkV. But the engine in the Cupra has a separate dumpvalve (thats the pipe you are talking about at the front of the engine). The induction kit you have bought has no take off in the 90 degree bend going to the turbo so therefore it will not fit your car without a bit of modification.

Better put it on ebay and get an Evoms for a K04 from JKM Motorsport like I did mate.

HTH

Yeah very helpful mate, cheers.

I saw the difference when looking around for a VTA dump valve.

I think the confussion has come about from the American data sheets giving different years for the changes than the European models ???

Mark.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.