help needed with some errors

bbm

Hi,

Can anyone help me with an advice?

- I have a cupra r 225 hp and now I am running an IHI vf34 turbo;
- I have bypassed n249 and n75 (a couple of months ago);
- I have a APR dump valve;
- I used the search function on the forum but no answer for me;
- since last week, from time to time, the car is running zero bars pressure / no boost and i've checked with vag com; i have this 2 errors:

17705 - pressure drop between turbo and throttle valve (check DV) -> i replace the APR one with the baylei one ;
17963 - charge pressure: maximum limit exceeded

I have no idea were to look for the issue; the MAP and MAF sensors are brand new.
If I have n249 and n75 bypassed, how the ECU is capable "to cut" the boost?

many thanks,

mike

longman

Stumped!
Mar 13, 2007
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Hi,

Can anyone help me with an advice?

- I have a cupra r 225 hp and now I am running an IHI vf34 turbo;
- I have bypassed n249 and n75 (a couple of months ago);
- I have a APR dump valve;
- I used the search function on the forum but no answer for me;
- since last week, from time to time, the car is running zero bars pressure / no boost and i've checked with vag com; i have this 2 errors:

17705 - pressure drop between turbo and throttle valve (check DV) -> i replace the APR one with the baylei one ;
17963 - charge pressure: maximum limit exceeded

I have no idea were to look for the issue; the MAP and MAF sensors are brand new.
If I have n249 and n75 bypassed, how the ECU is capable "to cut" the boost?

many thanks,

mike

I think the problem has occured because you have bypassed the N75. The N75 is supposed to regulate the Charge pressure and ensure it doesn't over boost. Maximum limit exceded means its overboosting. I would refit the N75 first.

I dare say that if its overboosting, then that is causing the pressure drop too as the added pressure might be causing a leak you would normally not have.

Try refitting the N75 again, clear the faults and drive it around, to see if the faults come back.

The zero boost could be limp mode I guess.

bbm

the problem was solved, the program was the problem; I changed the program with one customised by SKN and all the old errors gone plus the car is running very very well