help please !!! mad wipers

seatibizadub

my wipers back and front wont go off even in the off position if i take one of the relays out from under the dash then the front only work in fast speed setting but the back just keep going she is due a mot very soon so if i dont get her sorted then she will fail and i love my cupra so so much and dont want to have to scrap her at the breakers please somone help

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
have you tried a new relay ? why would you have to scrap the car because you carnt get the windscreen wipers to work??? im sure its the relay. im also sure someone else will tell you anything else it could be but new relay is a must to start with.

seatibizadub

but what relay would it be ive looked at them but i dont know what one is the relay for the wipers

thanks for the reply

RichN

Collecting Rings
Jan 29, 2005
Oxford
www.Oxford7s.net
It's probably the stalk controls. Seems reasonably frequent for the indicator/wiper controls to lose the plot after a few years on these cars. Removal means disconnecting airbag, taking steering wheel off and replacing (or cleaning up with contact cleaner)

If you get to the stage of scrapping it, give me a shout I'll pop up and collect it off you. Just lookin' to help you out, you know :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise