Help with a few faults after o/s/r window reg was replaced

xswiftyx

My o/s/r window regulator was broke when i bought my Leon Cupra 2001. Had a look and it was a mess so time for a new one. I took the old one out at the time as somone had siliconed the window in place.
I noticed after, the door did not lock. So I presumed this was beause i had removed the window motor and the large plug that goes into it was probably causing this.
After a month or so (Never got time to do it!) the remote locking from the key fob stopped working too. The light would still flash but it didnt lock/unlock the car.

Eventually go a new window regulator. Fitted it all. But it didnt seem to make any difference. Although I could make the window go up and down from only the rear switch on the door not the front drivers one (This worked previosly).

Problems.
o/s/r door still doesnt lock.
Drivers control for this window does not work.
Drivers control for both n/s windows works but slow and stops every half second on the windows going up and down.
Remote locking still doesnt work.

I did do some research on here 1st and tried disconnecting the battery for half an hour but made no diference.

a mate has vagcom if this is worth a try?!

Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
i doubt vag com would show up anything.
this sounds more electric/relay.

your key sounds like the transponder has packed up. look in your user guide.tells you how to reprogramme your remote.(if this dosent work then its back to main dealer) as for your window im thinking take it to your local dealer,or good garage,for some advice,also try lubing the runners with silcone lube. this can be 50%of the problem,with windows going up and down..

xswiftyx

i doubt vag com would show up anything.
this sounds more electric/relay.

your key sounds like the transponder has packed up. look in your user guide.tells you how to reprogramme your remote.(if this dosent work then its back to main dealer) as for your window im thinking take it to your local dealer,or good garage,for some advice,also try lubing the runners with silcone lube. this can be 50%of the problem,with windows going up and down..

Ok thanks, will have a go about re-programming the remote, I thinki have read this before.
Window goes up and down fine with the rear switch do i dont think any lube will help.
Thanks for the reply thou

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members