Help with vag part numbers

Clark10

Apr 13, 2005
Belfast
Hopefully someone will know a bit about part numbers, basically I've sourced a driver side side airbag for my Cupra, the part number for the airbag I've sourced is 6Q0 880 242, but the part number of the airbag that came out of my car is 6Q3 880 242, does anyone know if this new airbag will fit ok, or even what the third number means, if anything! I think the airbag I sourced came out of a non Cupra Ibiza, it looks identical though so I'm guessing it would be ok.
Again any help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
Only number I can find to do with side airbags in all ranges of Ibizas are;

** caution! dangerous cargo ** / see workshop manual / retrofit kit to immobilize the side airbags / observe technical service handbook:

6Q3880241B

side airbag unit / ** only order for ** ** immediate installation ** / F >> 6L-3-090 543
left 2 doors 4 doors /
6Q3880242B

side airbag unit / ** only order for ** ** immediate installation ** / F >> 6L-3-090 543
right 2 doors 4 doors /
6Q3880241E

side airbag unit / ** only order for ** ** immediate installation ** / F 6L-3-090 543>>
left 4 doors /
6Q3880242E

side airbag unit / ** only order for ** ** immediate installation ** / F 6L-3-090 543>>
right 4 doors /
6L3880241

left 2 doors /
6L3880242

right 2 doors /
6X0972783

flat contact housing / airbag / for single wiring:
3 pin yellow 000 979 132 A /
N 0139734

Can't see the 6Q0 880 242. But I'd know better when I get home as I got an upto date ETKA. These are a bit old. What year is the doner car and what year is your car?

Last edited:

AwesomeSarah

Forum Sponsor
Mar 6, 2006
Mmm
I would not
The first 3 6QO denotes the chassis number
The second 3 is where it is on ETKA and the last 3 is the specific numbers
So I would not , unless they will give you full money back , which I doubt
Sorry
Sarah

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
Mmm
I would not
The first 3 6QO denotes the chassis number
The second 3 is where it is on ETKA and the last 3 is the specific numbers
So I would not , unless they will give you full money back , which I doubt
Sorry
Sarah

I agree.... Looking on their website there is an option for Ibiza cupra 02-06 and they only list the airbag for the steering wheel. In the end this device could save your life.... I'd buy the exact part.

Their returns policy states:

"If the customer was at fault in ordering an incorrect part or goods are no longer required and if goods are returned to us in original condition within 7 days then a refund will be allowed minus a handling fee of up to 50% plus any carriage charges. Return carriage of goods must be arranged by the customer and adequate insurance is also the responsibility of the customer. We always advise that you return goods to us in a manner that requires a signature upon receipt so that there can be no dispute as to whether or not the items have been returned.

If Airbagsforsale.com was at fault we will firstly attempt to rectify by sending the correct part. If this is not possible within a reasonable timescale then provided the goods are returned to us within 7 days of agreeing that we cannot rectify the situation and the goods are still in original condition a full refund including carriage will be given. We will arrange collection of the incorrect items at no cost to the customer".

Last edited:

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
how about phone your dealer ask them for the part number that fits your car and then jus get the one they tell you?

AwesomeSarah

Forum Sponsor
Mar 6, 2006
6Q0 is Ibiza and Fabia
The new Polo too IIRC
No I dont have up to date ETKA :( wish I had only on VW and Audi
It is just what I picked up while parts manager at a Skoda dealer
Sarah

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.