HID Beam Pattern

chris27

Jun 30, 2007
Jus wondering what the pattern is like on everyone elses cars who have fitted HID's as ive got my mot soon. Has anyone got a decent beam pattern with the kick to the left with the standard headlights?? Ive got h4 bulbs if that makes any difference to the headlights between models.

chris27

Jun 30, 2007
Yeah its the dipped beam thats the problem. The main beam is just plain crap anyway. I put the headlights on an allignment machine at it doesnt have any sort of pattern anywhere. The light is just projected randomly. Anyway to fix it with the standard reflectors in the light?

Sep 20, 2006
Birmingham
Are you sure the reflectors are still in place?

If people are flashing you then you need to lower the beam. Should have a manual adjuster on the headlight itself if you don't have it in the car.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Im pretty sure the reflectors are still in place on mine. The reflector in the headlight or is there one on the bulbs?? I have like a metal bit below the bulb.

I had my headlights aligned at the first time my car was in the garage after i fitted them. I have tried adjusting the headlights down using the one in the car but you get to the point at 3 when you cant see that well.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.