HID Install Complete 50mins

BASH29

Nov 4, 2009
East Midlands
i have just finished installing my HID Kit 6000k with Slim ballasts

i would just like to say to anyone thinking of completing this mod that it is very easy.

with the leon setup, its litterally 2 wires to connect only.

the difference in light is huge, i cant wait till tonight to check em out.

just want to say thanks to everyone who helped and especially Gaz, really appreciate your help dude.

BASH29

Nov 4, 2009
East Midlands
i agree, angel eyes are a bit dated now, no disrespect to anyone

i did get white sidelight bulbs, but now they look yellow, will take a pic later today and try to upload it.

i have just ordered some 9 led smd ultra bright white side light bulbs from the bay, £4 inc postage for a pair, they have about 110 lumen, which should be bright enough.

hopefully pics to follow

s4oopie

Boost Junkie
Jul 9, 2009
the car wash ;)
hmmm both ? i know i can get hold of the angel eyes for £150 off the bay ... if you dont mind me asking how much are the h.i.d's ?
looking forward to the pics now :D

Elmo85

Mar 28, 2010
Cheshire
Well done buddy. I've had HIDS on all cars I've ever owned. They are great.

and even though they "technically" don't pass an MOT. If you have them set right people never flash you coming the other way and it is a much safer driving experience at night!

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Hids are £45 ish if you shop about.
Some makes of angel eyes mean the bulb holder needs making bigger to accept hid bulbs.

See my sig for 55w 4300k in angel eyes.

Elmo85

Mar 28, 2010
Cheshire
£45 is quite good. But I just ordered some hids this week 6000k H7's from"hidtop" shop on ebay. £34 posted ! Bargain. Check them out if you need some more.

I'm thinking of doing my foglights too soon.

I haven't received my kit from hidtop yet though, so holdout till I found out if they are any good and I'll report back.

s4oopie

Boost Junkie
Jul 9, 2009
the car wash ;)
the cheaper the better i say :D ooooh they do look rather sexual with h.i.d's behind the angel rings think i might have to upset the wife and get some soon :) modding the units to fit the h.i.d's wouldnt be a problem for me but may void the guarantee ??

BASH29

Nov 4, 2009
East Midlands
as promised i have took some pics, but having some difficulty uploading them

can anyone help with this, i can email them to someone, if they are happy to load them up

i just want to say, when i turned them on last night i was shocked with the results, i cant believe ive been without..... for so long ..........

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Here you go

dippedbeam.jpg

lcrhid.jpg

Degsy

Apr 5, 2010
Merseyside
looked at hidtop seller on ebay, how do know you are ordering correct kit for seat leon or as long as its nid h7 6000 it will fit
Cheers
D