HID lights

robo999

NEV
Apr 21, 2005
leicestershire
alright you lot.. am looking at getting some of the HID lights for my leon cupra. ive noticed alot of people have them on here. Where is the best place to get them from? and what are the different numbers all about? thanks alot

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
the number followed by a k refers to the temperature (colour) of the light. 4300k are the whitest and brightest; 12000k are purple. you need h7 fitment for the dipped beam, and if you are going to do the high beam too (not really worth it due to the time hids take to light up) you want h1 fitment.
ebay kits are all the same near enough; so any will do :)

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
personally I use 4300k; but a lot of people use 6000k for a more bluish tint :)

super_electric

Ps3 Tag: nixonoioi
Aug 20, 2007
North Yorkshire
alright you lot.. am looking at getting some of the HID lights for my leon cupra. ive noticed alot of people have them on here. Where is the best place to get them from? and what are the different numbers all about? thanks alot

i want 2 get some my self with the blue tint 6000, are you goooooin 2 fit them ya self?

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
To fit yourself you need two hands, a brain, a drill with a large drill bit, and about half an our tops. Super Electric, if you want to stop round and I'll show you how to do yours then you're welcome. Where to buy? Various places, but I'd recommend somewhere in the UK then if there's any warranty issues you can send 'em back for much less than it costs to ship recorded delivery to China if they are faulty. No doubt the Chinese ones are loads cheaper though, but for extra peace of mind consider UK suppliers.

super_electric

Aug 20, 2007
North Yorkshire
To fit yourself you need two hands, a brain, a drill with a large drill bit, and about half an our tops. Super Electric, if you want to stop round and I'll show you how to do yours then you're welcome. Where to buy? Various places, but I'd recommend somewhere in the UK then if there's any warranty issues you can send 'em back for much less than it costs to ship recorded delivery to China if they are faulty. No doubt the Chinese ones are loads cheaper though, but for extra peace of mind consider UK suppliers.

haha sooooooo late reply thank you tho MR Viking was going to get them this month but my water pump has gone sooooooo first things first get that sorted grrrrrrrrrrr!! lol

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
Water pump and a cam belt kit at the same time then? Could be worse, I suppose. £300 should cover that. If it's more expensive then let me know and I'll put you in touch with a man...

super_electric

Aug 20, 2007
North Yorkshire
Water pump and a cam belt kit at the same time then? Could be worse, I suppose. £300 should cover that. If it's more expensive then let me know and I'll put you in touch with a man...

well think the cambelt has been done just not the water pump b4 i got the car!! and with me getting th water pump done anyway silly not to get the cambelt done, same time

thanks tho viking!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.