how do u work out of set

scottys

Aug 21, 2005
how wud i work out the ofset for a set of 18s on fk silverline suspension . cause i have no idea , :cry:

scottys

Aug 21, 2005
so if i took the rims to a garage wud thy work it out for me , of is this some ting i wud have 2 do

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
my theory is if ur fitting a rim that is an inch wider, would u need to get an offset of say et13 to position the wheel in the same position?

1inch = 25.4mm

or am i throwing the plot away?

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
basically to work out the offset of a wheel you split it in half (width wise) and then measure from the halfway line to the back face of the wheel that would meet the wheel hub. This number will be referred to as ET and the cupra's recommended ET for a 7x17 is ET35 to ET38. As a rule of thumb you can normally move +/-5 either way so if you car was recommended to run a ET38 you could fit a wheels that ranged from ET33 to ET43.

What confuses people is that as wheel diameter increases the width will generally also increase which will obviously increase the distance from the centre of the wheel to the back face of the hub.

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
Beaker said:
Wheel offset calculator....

HERE

Its very useful.

Use this calculator, type in your current wheel stats and the stats of the new wheel you want, and it will tell you exactly how much clearance your new wheels will leave you with. Easy.

scottys

Aug 21, 2005
cheers for the info . the rear arches have been rolled . so hope fully just have 2 sort out the fronts

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members