How do you fit a Fabia rear wiper!?!?

PJ BUSA

Could you tell me what year of fabia do you ask for when asking for rear wiper arm assembly

costa

Don't use WD40 use Plus gas much better for loosening those difficult nuts etc. Works a treat every time.

bazt

Leon rear wiper blade assembly

Hi, bought an 05 Leon FR Cupra in the summer and it is superb! I have a problem with the rear wiper blade assembly (not the motor). It judders a great deal and the water director is broken and I need a whole new assembly! Will an VW upgrade fit? Where can I get one? Help very much appreciated! Hope I've hit the right forum, if not I apologise as it is my first post!:shrug:

paul6316

White K1
Oct 16, 2007
The fabia wiper is brilliant and the water director is a common problem I think. I got both things from flea bay. The director is pretty fiddly to fix and you need to remove the rear windscreen fascia which takes time and effort. The wiper blade is easy.

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
done in 3 minutes! :D the first times i tried i didnt realise that the original wiper cap shud by pull up at the point that is 180 degrees to the actually wipers, just put finger tips underneath and pop it it is swings up on a pivot much like the wiper arm does. from there you get access to the nut which i quickly wipped off with a 13mm socket then took that nut away and gave the wiper a little wiggle and turned wiper a bit and Bob's your uncle off it can. If you can do that you will understand what you needa do to put the new one back on.

Hope this helps anyone who was in my shoes who was stuck at the first hurrdel as they did not want to pull hard and rip the wiper unit of the back of the car. :)

it really is MUCH MUCH better (quiter & effeciant) and really does loo muh nicer and tidier :)

Last edited:

Deleted member 48395

I did mine at the weekend, infinitly better than the old one both in terms of appearance and functionality - I can now put on the wiper without cringing at the noise! Once I got the cap up I just sprayed some lubricant (I think it was 3-in-1, not sure now!) left for a few seconds and it lifted straight off.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.