how do you spot other leon drivers?

stuart86

Mar 14, 2006
West London
www.britishmods.com
Normally we can tell if its got a set of alloys or its seriously lowered/modified..

9 times out of 10 i find myself checking the rear wiper to see if its been changed for a fabia or toureg wiper.

so how do you spot a car that may be on SCN that is standard looking?

or am i the only one looking at rear wipers :banned:

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Can't see rear wipers from my rear view mirror ;)
I've seen a few SEAT's i general that look like they may be SCN'ers, but never are. Not been spotted yet and my car has a few subtle, but common SCN type mods.

andycupra

status subject to change
using my amazing power of sight

seriously though, yes the wipers and posibly splitters can be a possible give away,.

or perhaps the SCN stickers!

if you want to know you can wave or flash them (no not like that ;)) if they look at you like your a nutter then they are just joe public.

Last edited:

Skii

Jul 14, 2007
Slough
Well I get pretty much ignored by other Leon drivers as my car is pretty much completely standard, having said that the only other Leons I encounter on a day to day basis tend to be Cupra R's , they seem incredibly numerous around my neck of the woods.

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
funny, I have an LCR and the other day I was just walkingdown my drive when a bloke in a Leon drove his 51 plate cupra past mine, he looked at my car, then me and turned up his nose slightly and just drove pass. Me on the other hand kinda gave him a smile, not to suggest I'm batty or anything, just that if he did pull up for a chat we could talk motor, I dont mind. Anyway, I do check the old 'spotted' section when I do see a motor in my hood.

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
I always look for the Fabia wiper....have not seen one yet despite seeing several LCR's around my way!

I think we should develop some kind of special SCN wave.....possibly involving flappy hand gestures. Although that might be characterised by said SCN driver crashing into a tree :D

NeilW

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2004
Yorkshire!!!
Usually when they're racing ("surprised at how much they pulled away by") CTRs, Golf GTis, Megane 225s, BMW M3s, Ferrari 430s etc. with their whooshy dump valves whistling away!

:D

Punch IT!

you fool!
Jun 22, 2007
west london
well i drive in traffic everyday and on a few occasions ive seen a black LCR driver and yes we raced a few times. i was obviously struggling to keep up in my 180BHP non remapped cupra but still fun.

Anyways we both stopped at the lights this one day and decided to roll down our windows for a quick chat. He has a remap CC and a few mods. i Knew he was on SCN as he too had the fabia rear wiper. Hello LCR_User if your out there reading this, havent seen you in a while you cool?

Cant wait for cat and remap! very soon i hope.[B)]

TallFella

Hello Tom, come down Tom
Nov 6, 2003
Bedfordshiria
Visit site
Never been spotted yet.

But then, mine's as it was when it rolled out of the factory...

Some dude in an LCR flashed me a couple of weeks ago (see Spotted), but other than the odd sighting of/by Mike & Seli - I think we must be a bit sparse round my way.

That or I blend really well...[B)]

james_tiger_woo

VW Passat B6 2.0 TDi SE
Jun 19, 2007
Lincolnshire
A couple of weeks back I had a black Cupra behind me - I looked up, noticed him and there was a subtle nod of his head and recognition.

He'd modded his car - the wiper gave it away (and the fact that he went off like a bat out of hell). I gave (futile) chase.

The SCN sticker was what gave it away in my car.... The rear wiper has just been ordered as I'm sick of looking at the ugliness of the one I've currently got :)

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
I spot Face-lift Cupras and Cupra R's from a mile away - front bumper says it all.

In terms of possible SCN member - it's usually the mutual-stare as we pass... I used to have a laugh with the whole thing. I'd say, "Hey look! A Cupra!" and my ex would say, "Fantastic ........".. and you'd just see the bloke driving mouth something, and his missus would just turn away in a classic display of, "For God's sake..".

Stupid women!

But yeh - that's how I tell..

andycupra

status subject to change
Never been spotted yet.

But then, mine's as it was when it rolled out of the factory...

Some dude in an LCR flashed me a couple of weeks ago (see Spotted), but other than the odd sighting of/by Mike & Seli - I think we must be a bit sparse round my way.

That or I blend really well...[B)]

???? not been spotted... then you say someone flashed you and there have been sightings of/by mike & sel...

confused.

TallFella

Hello Tom, come down Tom
Nov 6, 2003
Bedfordshiria
Visit site
???? not been spotted... then you say someone flashed you and there have been sightings of/by mike & sel...

confused.

Ok, "never" is a slight exaggeration! but the dude who flashed - (I presumed he was flashing at me), never posted in the Spotted section...

Does chatting whilst you're crawling along in a traffic jam constitute a "spot". I stand corrected if it does.

Romeoisgraham

Mr Harris
Aug 14, 2007
On the run
public.fotki.com
funny, I have an LCR and the other day I was just walkingdown my drive when a bloke in a Leon drove his 51 plate cupra past mine, he looked at my car, then me and turned up his nose slightly and just drove pass. Me on the other hand kinda gave him a smile, not to suggest I'm batty or anything, just that if he did pull up for a chat we could talk motor, I dont mind. Anyway, I do check the old 'spotted' section when I do see a motor in my hood.

Burst into fits of laughter at the..............

Me on the other hand kinda gave him a smile, not to suggest I'm batty or anything

jedi knight

BIG AND BOUNCY
Jun 18, 2004
West Midlands
Not been spotted yet but have spotted someones car parked up in a car park with the sticker. Posted it on the spotted section but no reply.

Still got another 2hrs of my shift :(

Bring on the weekend

Aug 24, 2007
I passed at least 6 Leons on the way to Ascot last night.

Don't know if any of them were members here as I was not exactly hanging about :D

The only feature on mine is the tax disk on the drivers side of the windscreen.

longman

Stumped!
Mar 13, 2007
Nr Maidstone, Kent
I look for the wiper too, or stickers etc. I have seen Dmmsta a couple of times and Boolandy drives past my house every day to work.

Generally I do lift my fingers off the steering wheel in a subtle, non-suggestive and non committed sort of wave at any slightly sporty Seat!! There are a few SCNers around the here!

Benny

Jun 17, 2007
Bradford
ive seen a couple of cupra - r's around here and TDI's but they tend to be older people driving them. But i tend to look at the rear wiper to see if its got the fabia one. Or for the SCN stickers.

yes i know mine hasn't got the wiper yet but its on the to-do list :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members