how lucky am i with the new tax

Soundwave

Aug 18, 2007
Basildon, Essex
thanks soundwave :p thought no1 had seen :)

http://www.whatgreencar.com/model-info.php?manufacturer=SEAT&model=Leon&vehicleid=8753

Bigmac they have split the CO/2 groups up more
on the left they have this years where ur car is prolly 186+ ??

and next year you end up in 201 - 225 CO/2 group, with a tax of 300

Lol sorry :p

Although to be fair first time I saw the chart I nearly had a fit as well about the £550 bit...I thought that was all cars that had to pay that for one year & then go down to reduced rates after that.

I just dont get our government trying to price us off the roads...it just doesnt work most people I know NEED to drive to get to work so we can pay the governments other taxes :censored:

So with roughly £5.00 a gallon (About £60 per tank full which I need to do on average once a week), £150 car loan payments, £62 a month insurance & as of next year £25 a month car tax my monthly running costs will go upto roughly £510 per month which is roughly one third of my monthly wages...I may have to sell up & buy something else at this rate :cry::cry::cry:

Neil

Oct 17, 2006
northwest
Wish I waited to find a decent yaris d4d but hay ho ( would hav been to small anyway..)

more mpg, lower insurance, lower tax prolly 1/3 of what I'm paying now for all of em :/

Soundwave

Aug 18, 2007
Basildon, Essex
thats the idea soundwave...they are trying to force people to move to lower powered cars....or cheaper and better green cars..

Thing is I dont get their idea of trying to force us into smaller lower powered cars...most of my mates have families now so struggle to fit buggies & baby stuff in anything smaller than a Focus/Leon & generally their arent engine options lower than 1.6 which means higher Co2's because of the engine size & thus being penalised by much higher road tax next year just because it isnt possible for them to buy a Smaller car.

Mine is simply down to choice I dont have a family or anything but want to drive a quick car that is practical so I cant really moan about the cost as this is all down to me & what I WANT to drive...I wont be forced off the road by our government [:@][:@]

Obviously the real thing to do in this situation is for us all to go out & buy pre 2000 reg Mercs, BM's & Jags with the HUGE engines & Co2's to match then we can get the £185 road tax & firmly stick 2 fingers up at Alistair Darling & the government :lol:

Soundwave

Aug 18, 2007
Basildon, Essex
anyone know what the tax is goin be for an LCR??

In all honesty I'd reckon on it being the same as the normal LC so £300 in 2009 & £310 in 2010

ALthough it will depend on the Co2 the LC is 202 so in the 201-225Co2 Cattegory

If the LCR happens to go over 225 though then the Tax will rocket up to around £400.

HTH

Neil

Bill20vT

Totally aside from the fact that you buy something, then get told "By the way, that thing you have bought already, we're changing how much that costs you", what is supposed to happen to all the old cars we're no longer supposed to be driving- just pile them up in a big heap?

I don't understand how buying a brand new car (with all it's associated C02 emmisions during manufacturing) with slightly lower C02 output is in any way better than continuing to use something that is already in existence.

BOOOOO!

herb2578

now a cupra owner
Jul 14, 2007
west mids
thing is i was lucky on this 1 but i know in the long run the goverment will rip me of in some other way. I will moan about it then pay it and then forget about it cause i love driving my leon !!! even though it in bits on my drive at the moment :( :censored:

Exocet

May 10, 2007
It's a f**king joke how the government finds more and more ways to extract money out of us. I pay all these taxes and they cant even afford to fix the local roads full of cracks and potholes

Deleted member 20482

2008-9CarTaxSmall.jpg
[/IMG]
and my car was registered on
DSC00170.jpg
[/IMG]
considering the cupra falls in the 201-225 bracket

if he's lucky with his car tax, and we are all getting f***ed by this money grabbing gov.... and its all about "green" what about the really old cars without cat's....the old flap cap and driving glove brigade
you know the ones that smell like they are still running on 4 star.
surely they should have to pay more than us cleaner cars!!!!!!!!!!!!?
how the hell is that fair...
let alone the bloody public buses that chuck out jet black sh*t every time they pull out in front of us.....
makes me mad [:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

herb2578

now a cupra owner
Jul 14, 2007
west mids
mate it aint fair its just the case we live in a sh*t country and its only going to get worse . I would love to live in america and be able to moan about paying 50p a litre of petrol

Soundwave

Aug 18, 2007
Basildon, Essex
mate it aint fair its just the case we live in a sh*t country and its only going to get worse . I would love to live in america and be able to moan about paying 50p a litre of petrol

I know what you mean.

I was in Washington in December & the Petrol there wa $2.50 a gallon!!!!! :cry::cry:

The guys I was with were moaning that their 4.8L V6 Jeep was costing $50 a week to fill up :headhurt::headhurt:

Not until I told them that it cost me nearly $120 a week to fill up my 1.8L 20V hatchback did they stop moaning.

Neil

May 30, 2002
Bedford (innit)
I think you would moan living in America when you only have 2 weeks holiday :D

I'm seriously looking into moving to Australia (my Brother lives in Melbourne) or New Zealand.

What's the criteria to move there? :confused:

TheMikeh

Aug 13, 2007
New Zealand is the way forward, gorgeous place, amazing quality of living and a good system all round!

bigmac

I guess that's why they call it Rip Off Britain. Who knows maybe people power will win in the end, look what happened with the poll tax.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.