How Many K1's Made?

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
Just reading back on some the original posts when it was announced and the K1 was always supposed to be a limited edition for Q1 2008.

It's always been a love it or hate it car. To be honest I see more K1s on the road than Cupras. (plus a load of wannabie K1s)

End of the day, a lot of those "wannabies" have probably been around longer than you K1 boys;)

Poverty

End of the day, a lot of those "wannabies" have probably been around longer than you K1 boys;)

its fun explaining to everyone how we are superior though :cartman:

TBH I like the dual exhaust kit just as much!

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I tell you what djhorace, come down to see me and i will show you how quick a K1 can go - oh and bring the R1 too and i whoop your ass on that with my Blade:p

I have a fair idea how fast your one is mate - just a bit slower than mine was up til a week ago ;)

As for the R1, she has a few tricks up her sleeve too :p

Petrol-Head-Pete

cupra k1 emocion red 58
Jul 13, 2008
Hayling Island near Portsmouth
calm down guys, at the end of the day all our cars, whether they be a cupra or a k1 all have the same guts inside unless uve modified them, we should all be proud of the fact we own a cupra its up to us to decide how we want the outside to look and should be positive about other peoples mods and tastes,

speach over!

but in my opinion the k1's look so much better and if you bought a brand new cupra and wanted it to look like a k1 then it would cost a lot more than the £19,500 pounds i spent on my 58 plate red k1 and as irfan told me i had the last red k1 made, so to me my car is very unique and special.

ive had my car 6 months and travel on average 100 miles a day and have seen roughly about 20-30 cupras on my travels but have not seen 1 cupra k1!

enough said!

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
calm down guys, at the end of the day all our cars, whether they be a cupra or a k1 all have the same guts inside unless uve modified them, we should all be proud of the fact we own a cupra its up to us to decide how we want the outside to look and should be positive about other peoples mods and tastes,

speach over!

but in my opinion the k1's look so much better and if you bought a brand new cupra and wanted it to look like a k1 then it would cost a lot more than the £19,500 pounds i spent on my 58 plate red k1 and as irfan told me i had the last red k1 made, so to me my car is very unique and special.

ive had my car 6 months and travel on average 100 miles a day and have seen roughly about 20-30 cupras on my travels but have not seen 1 cupra k1!

enough said!

That's someone else with a red K1, damn I thought I was unique! lol

If I get bored at work tomorrow might see if I can get some stats on the number in UK

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Pointless elitist nonsense, if you enjoy your Leon Cupra with or without a kit it makes little difference to the grand scheme of things.

Personally in my opinion the K1 is matter of personal taste, its no more special than any other Leon Cupra and if you like your car with frilly knickers then that's fine. I'm not a fan of the K1 styling but I have no less respect for the car under the make-up.

It's a great car with just as much potential as any other Leon Cupra on the road.

I prefer to do my own thing, and style my car to my own taste, it's not a Cupra it's not a K1, it's mine and hopefully it's always evolving.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Aye Kit 1, supposed to be the possibility of a range of K kits but not sure if that idea has fizzled out.

There is a mountain in the Himalayas called K2, but there is no range of mountains.

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
Yep ;)

Those bulbous bumpers, skirts, spoiler, the K1 badge and the ego's that K1 drivers carry all adds up :lol:

Just to add to the banter [B)]

According to SEAT Website both the Cupra and the K1 both have the same kerb weight of 1375kg. So I guess that means the new kit weights the same as the old kit. Either that or they just duplicated the specs!

I guess we'll have to just drive alongside after all rather than carry our extra baggage wheezing behind :p

As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, life be so boring if we all had the same tastes!

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
Aye Kit 1, supposed to be the possibility of a range of K kits but not sure if that idea has fizzled out.

There is a mountain in the Himalayas called K2, but there is no range of mountains.

K1 was the concept mountain range, K2 was the Himalayan production model !! ;)

Yep my bad, :redface: trying to recover some creditability for being thick, what was I thinking of!!

Al

Aug 29, 2005
- The kit completely divides opinion, which is absolutely fine. Some love it, some think it's too much for them. That's the whole point of offering the choice of Cupra and Cupra K1 - one for those that like things a bit more subtle, the other for those who want to make a brash statement.

- We have yet to finalise in the UK the situation with kits for the revised Leon. I'll keep you posted, both here and on Twitter

Sums it up :).

Hugs and kisses to all Cupra and Cupra K1 cars and drivers. Group hug :love: :D

Petrol-Head-Pete

cupra k1 emocion red 58
Jul 13, 2008
the long ans short of it i would say was they made too many and they should have made the aero kit only available with the k1 too and should have given every car a unique number, so to give every owner the feeling that they have a rare car. looking at my log book i have nothing on paper to say i own a cupra k1 even the invoice for my car says leon cupra 2.0 tfsi which is wrong i think, seat have let us down here.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Then i will watch you hit the Anchors as you see this cheeky fella pop out of a bush ;)

Police_camera.gif

I doubt that will happen, traffic cops don't like women :p

Al

Aug 29, 2005
the long ans short of it i would say was they made too many and they should have made the aero kit only available with the k1 too and should have given every car a unique number, so to give every owner the feeling that they have a rare car. looking at my log book i have nothing on paper to say i own a cupra k1 even the invoice for my car says leon cupra 2.0 tfsi which is wrong i think, seat have let us down here.

The thing is though the Aero kit, or BTCC kit as it was often called, was available pretty much from when the MK2 Leon was new. You will see 06 plate Leons with the kit on, almost 2 years before the K1 came out. The kit was on the go before the Cupra, and the Cupra has been around for more than a year longer than the K1.

As Z sad earlier, the "K1" cars come in to the country as a Cupra and have the kit fitted at the point of entry. On quite a few K1's, there were quite a few quality and fitment issues with the Aero bumpers and exhaust. That will be why there is no mention of "K1" anywhere on the V5.

The numbering admittedly would have made the model more special, and the fact that the "K1" is built in the UK would make it easy to slap on some sort of unique numbering plaque. I guess the time, effort and extra cost required to do this was not worth it as far as SEAT were concerned, or perhaps it was overlooked. Either that or they just figured that it was worthless adding it to a production line model which is basically all it was alongside the normal Cupra.

Petrol-Head-Pete

cupra k1 emocion red 58
Jul 13, 2008
I completely agree with all your points, just seems a shame to me thats all but the car is still special to me thats all that counts IMO.

Im hoping one day they will do a DSG cupra, that would be worth spending that little bit more money on!

COME ON SEAT!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members