How Many K1's Made?

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
Can,t we just start a K1 register on here, similar to the ED30 one. Just a user name , date reg, colour/spec, and general location in the UK should do?

Last edited:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Good luck with the register. H8 tried it ages ago (couldnt find the thread after a search). Remember the K1 wasnt a limited run of cars and also consider there is such a register being attempted elsewhere.

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
Just to add to the banter [B)]

According to SEAT Website both the Cupra and the K1 both have the same kerb weight of 1375kg. So I guess that means the new kit weights the same as the old kit. Either that or they just duplicated the specs

As Z sad earlier, the "K1" cars come in to the country as a Cupra and have the kit fitted at the point of entry. On quite a few K1's, there were quite a few quality and fitment issues with the Aero bumpers and exhaust. That will be why there is no mention of "K1" anywhere on the V5. .

this is also why the quoted kerb weights are the same.

Im hoping one day they will do a DSG cupra, that would be worth spending that little bit more money on!

COME ON SEAT!!

the money is burning a hole in my pocket too :drool:

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
this is also why the quoted kerb weights are the same.

the money is burning a hole in my pocket too :drool:

Well having had a 2.0T FR with the DSG, I have to say if they made a cupra with the DSG i'd be on the waiting list straight away.

I'm still waiting for the day when I can get my cupra to shift as quick as I could my FR.

The power delivery with the DSG is so easy and effortless rather than waiting for the huge throw from the manual box between gears and my human error and tardiness on top!

Poverty

Why did he get banned?

Would be nice to have some sort of numbering for the K1.

well only know what he told me when I met him at a car show a month or two back, without actually saying what he told me in short it appears it was over something silly.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
well only know what he told me when I met him at a car show a month or two back, without actually saying what he told me in short it appears it was over something silly.

We don't accept abuse aimed at moderators as something merely silly. If someone can't accept the rules then they are excluded it's as simple as that.

We don't ask for anything except a little common sense and respecting the forum rules.

No-one need bow down before us, but a little common courtesy goes a long way.

Jan 18, 2007
West Of London
We don't accept abuse aimed at moderators as something merely silly. If someone can't accept the rules then they are excluded it's as simple as that.

We don't ask for anything except a little common sense and respecting the forum rules.

PLEASE can we let him back, im sure he is sorry etc :( can he not atleast be considered back?

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
Just wondering how many were made?

Had a limited edition Scooby with only 1000 made with plaque etc.

Shame they didnt do the same kinda thing with the K1.

As it seems any1 can now go buy a kit and stick a K1 badge on boot and no1 is non the wiser? :(

Not sure if I will get a response, but FYI, have emailed DVLA and asked them directly if they can make any stats publically available. If they can, i'll post replies

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Without sounding funny about it, how will the DVLA be able to differentiate if the detail on the V5 says Cupra TFSi even for K1's :confused:

Numbering wont serve any purpose with them not being limited run and UK modified IMO. If anything, with it being an after thought, I would reckon it would even cheapen the car/image rather than enhance it.

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
Without sounding funny about it, how will the DVLA be able to differentiate if the detail on the V5 says Cupra TFSi even for K1's :confused:

Numbering wont serve any purpose with them not being limited run and UK modified IMO. If anything, with it being an after thought, I would reckon it would even cheapen the car/image rather than enhance it.

You have a point, I havent my V5 back yet since buying and they may not be able to differentiate unless specific VIN numbers identify the K1?

Will wait and see anyway, you never know!

Poverty

he didnt tell me about that bit :whistle:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.