How many Miles per Tank??

ajfoggy

Hi, Just out of interest how many miles do you get out of a full tank. Normal driving, a lot of local driving not much on the motorways with the occasion thrash! I got the 1.820v and I only get around 300 miles per tank which I think works out to around 24mpg seems a bi cr4p. What do you think???

Fidge

SEAT Enthusiast!
Sep 9, 2004
Southampton UK
ajfoggy said:
Hi, Just out of interest how many miles do you get out of a full tank. Normal driving, a lot of local driving not much on the motorways with the occasion thrash! I got the 1.820v and I only get around 300 miles per tank which I think works out to around 24mpg seems a bi cr4p. What do you think???

I'm getting the same but mine has been remapped with other mods etc... Has yours?

ajfoggy

Fidge said:
I'm getting the same but mine has been remapped with other mods etc... Has yours?

You two both have Cupras mines only the 1.820v SE standard with no mods I was expecting a few more miles. Any mods that would improve both performance and mpg??

ALEX**

WTF
Feb 26, 2004
south-East
Visit site
unless u drive like a granny or do lots of motorway miles id say 24-26 is good.

my best tank fulls have been 320-360 but the 360 was vented with 63litres of fuel

ajfoggy

Ah well looks like I will have to live with it luck for me I only have to do 20miles a day or i'd be living in the car.

http://www.pipelinecard.org/

Check this might be worth registering if it comes through!

Fidge

SEAT Enthusiast!
Sep 9, 2004
Southampton UK
ajfoggy said:
You two both have Cupras mines only the 1.820v SE standard with no mods I was expecting a few more miles. Any mods that would improve both performance and mpg??

Oh dear, in that case yeah think you should get it checked out that is poor for a 55 litre tank you should be getting at least 350 miles to a tank! I 'd get it checked out!

Sethmate

Jul 4, 2005
Northumberland
I think I get about 800 miles to the tank, no bother;)

No mods to the car, apart from the 15 gallon tank on the trailer attached to the back of the car!!

Seriously, if we're that bothered about 280 miles, or 300 miles, or whatever on a tank, this would be the toyota prius website

Robbo149

Professional VAG addict!
Apr 25, 2005
West Yorks
Having owned a lot of performance cars I've learned not to work out fuel economy, it only makes you weep! I once had a VR6 Golf that averaged 17mpg! My LC only does about 250 miles to a tank (90% town driving tho')

Cheers,
Robbo

SHADY-NINJA

Feb 14, 2005
London
www.airconmedic.co.uk
ajfoggy said:
i get around 245miles on £30 worth of unleaded doing around 80-110Mph. The cost of petrol where i live is 85.9p per litre.
thats driving from london to coventry every week.
i'll keep an eagles eye on things

mr. Hedgehog

Has gone to the Darkside
Nov 1, 2004
Malvern
Leon 20VT with Revo + 4bar (217bhp) - 310 miles to about £55 - full tank

Fab VRS to the same money does about 580 miles

20VTs are heavy on the old juice - especially when thrashed. Rubbish thing i, no matter how hard I try - i can never get better economy in the Leon, even driving granny stylee.

mr. Hedgehog

Has gone to the Darkside
Nov 1, 2004
Malvern
Have you had the MAF checked - unplug it, see what happens to the MPG.

My MPG was 23 dead on and consistant in the Leon. The average is 55mpg in the VRS, never had lower than 40mpg, and managed brum to cornwall (newquay) and back on £39 last month - 59mpg :)

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
i do about 250 miles a week
combined with about 20 miles a day of city and 20 a day of motorway
average about 320-330 out of a full tank
can at times get 36mpg on a rat run
trips to scotland had over 400 out of it

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members