How many re-circ dv do you need on a Ibiza FR?

forestman

Hi, First post!!
couple of questions i could use a bit of help with!!
firstly:re-circ dv on a Ibiza FR how many do you need?? may sound stupid just saw somewhere that you needed 2?
secondly: are they easy to fit!?
thirdly: what is better induction wise... uprated panel filter, enclosed induction, or unenclosed!!?
cheers
Tony

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Hi, you only need one re-circ valve. It is easy to replace the standard Bosch one, it's on the pipe coming from the air filter at the top of the engine. Most ppl just add a green cotton panel filter which is re-useable and flows better than the Seat one, but some have added induction kits but it's a little hard to find space in the engine bay and keep intake temps down.

sl1m1thy

ANDREW CLEANTEEN ESQ.
Nov 23, 2007
INGELTON
www.myspace.com
if you get one of the "universal" induction kits with multiple pipes or get the sections individually you can get an induction kit to fit across and down like away from the engine and closer to the bumbper but then its stilll in an area to get warm intake if its not inclosed but if you can get an enclosed kit to fit then it will be the best as the feed will get cold air in better then the stock sytem and and un enclosed job

sl1m1thy

ANDREW CLEANTEEN ESQ.
Nov 23, 2007
INGELTON
www.myspace.com
but then again you will be paying arround 100 upwards normally for a good kit and wont give a great gain but another way to look at it as every little gain helps also if your doing minor engine mods should consider a cat back or other breather mods

forestman

cheers guys where wouldu get green cotton panel filter from?

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I got mine from Bill @ Badger5. He is a sopnsor on here, have a look in his section and post in there.

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
I think he mean's the filter. They are the same between petrol and diesel as I'm using my old derv one.

T. Spark

Your wrong, im afriad. I was actually saying at no point as the OP said its a petrol... and with the amount of n00bs on this forum of late, thats the first question id have asked.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.