How much is my car worth?

Triple D

As some of you may know, i have my heart set on a RS Focus, and may be getting one sooner than i thought. Checked insurance today and with 2 yrs nc, and 3 yrs driving, @21yrs old, with 1 claim, the quote was £1380, which is nearly what i am paying on my Fr. So come October time, it will be going up for sale.
Now the hard bit......
How much do you think its worth? as i have absolutly no idea ata all :confused:
This is the spec:

Seat Ibiza Fr PD130
Registered 28 july 2005 (05 plate)
16k miles
ESP, Curtan airbags
Mods :
Full Milltek exhaust system, from turbo back,
Forge FMIC, Forge Strut brace
Green dynatwist induction kit,
Allard Hybrid VT2 turbo conversion
Sachs uprated shock absorbers
Sachs uprated organic clutch,
Audi TT 312's brakes
Ibiza cupra wheels in black ;)
colour coded bump strips and eye brows
Lhd style rear cluster lense

i think thats about it :lol:

I was thinking at about 11k?

what do you all think?

Triple D

spyke85 said:
I'll take all your parts off it that you have put on.

Think around 10k would be the going rate in October
what for the parts? ;) :lol: or o you mean 10k for all of it? or just standard?

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
You'll never get back what you paid for the mods and it'll be harder to shift with them on, so you should think about putting it back to standard and trying to sell it that way.

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
IMO, put back to standard as much as possible, then sell for 8.5k-9ish dependant on mods left on...

the new ibiza will have lowered price a bit.

Triple D

Sisson said:
IMO, put back to standard as much as possible, then sell for 8.5k-9ish dependant on mods left on...

the new ibiza will have lowered price a bit.
well tbh, i cant really put anything on it back to standard, as i have sold the origonal turbo, suspension, wheels, intercooler, brakes, exhaust etc etc. Only thing i have is the air box and filter :shrug:

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
spaniels fr said:
well tbh, i cant really put anything on it back to standard, as i have sold the origonal turbo, suspension, wheels, intercooler, brakes, exhaust etc etc. Only thing i have is the air box and filter :shrug:
You're either going to have to bend over and take the hit on the resale price or just wait for the right buyer to come along then.

Although saying that I think I still have the OE brakes, suspension and intercooler for my old one somewhere... ;)

mpm1987

Spanish Donkey
Mar 10, 2006
dude, i would be interested in swapping bits from mine to yours????

most bits on mine are standard fr pieces!??

Triple D

hhmm, after all this interest, it may be worth while to make a bit of money from the parts, and aquire the origonal parts aswell. So, my parts, for your parts, plus a little cash? How many people would be interested? and what bits in?PM me.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
ummm, if allards would do the swaps i would have all the turbo, manifold and ecu off you. Pm me spaniiels, just saves me waiting till next year to get it all done and sorts your little conundrum.

Just a quickie though, have you actually driven a Focus RS, i was a little dissapointed when i had a go,

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
nathwarr said:
ant, why don't you buy the car off of him and let him px yours for an rs

nah mines far too pretty to get rid of;) :D :D :D

honestly i just want the turbo upgrade stuff,

I hoe spaniels keeps it all together for 3rd september as i really want to have passenger ride in it to see what all this big turbo lark is about

Triple D

Ant FR said:
ummm, if allards would do the swaps i would have all the turbo, manifold and ecu off you. Pm me spaniiels, just saves me waiting till next year to get it all done and sorts your little conundrum.

Just a quickie though, have you actually driven a Focus RS, i was a little dissapointed when i had a go,
Nope, havent driven one yet, but dont plan on keeping it standard for long though ;) 350 bhp is on the cards for the summer :)

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
spaniels fr said:
Nope, havent driven one yet, but dont plan on keeping it standard for long though ;) 350 bhp is on the cards for the summer :)
Your buying a car without driving it ?:blink:
How much do i thionk your car is worth ? Not much with the way you drive it ! :bleh: Just joking mate, really am sorry to hear you leaving the diesel stuff and surprised that you are selling your car after spending so much money on it. :( Hope it all goes well for you in the end even though i will still leave you choking on my fumes no matter what car you buy. :D

gazjones

dan ill swap brekes with you if you like!!!!! if your getting it in october! and ill try and sort out the changing over of them!