How to disable Custom Code remap with VAG-COM??!

kingbee

Apr 25, 2011
Hi there,

I recently had a Custom Code remap done on a Leon 110 TDi (ASV), and have bought a VAG-COM cable from eBay, along with downloading the cracked 409.1 software.

I rang the garage who did the Custom Code remap and asked about how to turn it off/on, and was told to go into "Engine" and change the number 2 to a 0.

So I installed the VAG-COM cable using drivers I found online, both drivers installed correctly and I activated the software crack.

I go into Engine, it reads the full engine code and underneath it says "SOFT. VERSION" 00002, so then I press RECODE in the Advanced section of this page, and it allows me to change the software version from 00002 to 00000.

I click Do It

Then it goes back to the main Engine page, I click "Close Controller", and it seems to work okay.

But when I go into "Engine" again to see if it's changed the Soft. version, it still shows 00002 ?!

>> Am I missing something, or is this how it should be done please?

Any help would be much appreciated, especially today as I need to get it done by tomorrow morning.

Many thanks

kingbee

Apr 25, 2011
- Because I don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong or whether it is indeed the software.

It could just be a simple thing that I'm missing, which would be the case whether the software was cracked or not.

Cheers anyway

kingbee

Apr 25, 2011
Maybe I need to remove the key from the ignition at a certain point to activate the changes made?

Last edited:

kingbee

Apr 25, 2011
I read on another forum this evening that changing the Soft. Coding number could be done by using LOGIN first, so I researched a code for a 1.9 TDi and found "12233", but on using it, I still can't get the Soft. Coding number to change.

kingbee

Apr 25, 2011
Cheers Allh,

I reckon I might be missing something still, but I didn't see an option to Save my results.

BTW: Mk1 Leons and remaps are years old, so I can't believe other people haven't been disabling their remaps in VagCom, unless it's not possible with this lead/software?

Thanks

kingbee

Apr 25, 2011
PS. Allh - about your signature here, have you got a different pump and better injectors on your 110 TDi? And if so, how does it go compared to before & have you had a remap done as well?

Cheers

jamie8954

Diesel FTMFW
Jun 29, 2008
UK
i dont think you can disable a map through VAG COM , if im right ECU only stores 1 map and when your car is remapped the new map is flashed onto the ecu clearing the original standard map ?

i may be wrong

kingbee

Apr 25, 2011
Hi Jamie,

Sorry you're wrong man,

I've just been back to the garage where I got the remap done, and they said I was doing everything right, but when they flashed my particular ECU it caused a problem meaning that I can't "Recode" the Soft. Coding in VAG-COM.

Therefore, they took the map off by reflashing back to standard, but they said it is normally possible to disable the map in the way described in my original posts, but that the first digit of the Soft. Coding number is the change, not the last digit.

I.E. mine's showing 00002 as the Soft. Coding number, which will not change (the garage tried it on their original VCDS, so that proves there is no problem with my software), whereas the first digit, in this case a zero, should indicate no remap, and a number 2 at the start shows a remap.

-> Changing the first digit from a 2 to a 0 should disable the remap, and changing back to a 2 should re-enable it.

Cheers

kingbee

Apr 25, 2011
Ok Jamie, I don't get the joke about PD engines, but I have read up on bigger injector nozzles and pump, and was wondering if that's what you'd done, as it sounds like a good mod. (I'm more into engine tuning than bodykits & aesthetics).

@Gez: sometimes you don't want the map active, like when taking it to main dealer for service, or to main dealer for another problem & you don't want a remap 'clouding the issue', etc.

typergaz

May 29, 2010
unless you have had a switchable map done you can-not revert back to stock map as it is wiped from the ecu to make way for the reworked copy of the stock file, To have a switchable map the eeprom would have to be changed sorry dont know what the garage are telling sounds like a bit of bullsh** to me

kingbee

Apr 25, 2011
Well the garage who did it are one of the best remappers and modding workshops in the country.

typergaz

May 29, 2010
All im saying ive done loads if edc15 ecu's and as soon as you start to write the modified file it erases the flash first it does it with cmd, kess v2, and mpps all tools that I use on a daily basis.

kingbee

Apr 25, 2011
I appreciate your comments Gaz, but why would they lie to me?

They sounded like it was a normal thing with their software, and something that they have done on a regular basis.

Why invent a story like that and then tell me by some weird quirk that mine cannot be altered?

Doesn't add up to me

Cheers

typergaz

May 29, 2010
All I can say is times are hard and people will tell you what to hear to get a sale bet you payed top doller for the remap aswell

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.