How to disable Custom Code remap with VAG-COM??!

kingbee

Apr 25, 2011
Hi Gaz,

It wasn't a selling point, as I would've had the remap done anyway, and it was me who approached them - after researching the best remap for my car (Custom Code map).

I got a discount on the price too, due to haggling.

Top dollar = something I never pay, lol

So you're saying it's 100% impossible to do what they said?

typergaz

May 29, 2010
Im not saying its impossible but im sure they would have to change the chip And do a bit of modifying to the board its self to make it switchable im unsure the full details as I dont deal in switchable maps. The standard one is only big enough to store one map

kingbee

Apr 25, 2011
Hi Gaz,

I understand what you're saying and it does make sense, but I just don't see why the garage would tell me otherwise.

It seemed normal to them, and the remapper was surprised that mine couldn't be changed with VAG-COM/VCDS, so they must have done it before.

kingbee

Apr 25, 2011
Ok thanks darkhorse, I wonder why Gaz thought only 1 map was possible at a time?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Hi there,

I recently had a Custom Code remap done on a Leon 110 TDi (ASV), and have bought a VAG-COM cable from eBay, along with downloading the cracked 409.1 software.

I rang the garage who did the Custom Code remap and asked about how to turn it off/on, and was told to go into "Engine" and change the number 2 to a 0.

So I installed the VAG-COM cable using drivers I found online, both drivers installed correctly and I activated the software crack.

I go into Engine, it reads the full engine code and underneath it says "SOFT. VERSION" 00002, so then I press RECODE in the Advanced section of this page, and it allows me to change the software version from 00002 to 00000.

I click Do It

Then it goes back to the main Engine page, I click "Close Controller", and it seems to work okay.

But when I go into "Engine" again to see if it's changed the Soft. version, it still shows 00002 ?!

>> Am I missing something, or is this how it should be done please?

Any help would be much appreciated, especially today as I need to get it done by tomorrow morning.

Many thanks

remember the ign has to be turned off for this to stick!

kingbee

Apr 25, 2011
Thanks Badger, I did have a play around trying to get it to stick, but no joy.

I might not have been doing it right, but the garage who tried it must have done it correctly, and still couldn't get it to stick. He said the ECU had become slightly corrupted in flashing it, and he'd never seen that before, meaning the only way to disable the flash on this particular vehicle is to re-flash it with the standard map.

Cheers

JoeCav

Jan 3, 2011
Leeds
I have also been wondering about switchable maps, just means I wont be tempted to use too much of the loud pedal and maybe save some fuel

Bondiblu

Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2007
Cheshire
I have had a CC map on both my 1.4TDI and now my Cupra TDI and I can confirm it can be turned on and off as described.

One my Cupra TDI you go into the engine module, then into coding, mine is set to 20102. To turn the map off, I change that to 00102 then click "Do It" , then turn the car off, remove the key. DONE!!!

This also worked on my 1.4TDI, not sure if the number was the same but the principal is the same.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.