how to get to the front passenger window??

tanyacop

Hi peeps. a couple of weeks ago me driver side window cable snapped and window went inside the door. took panel off but couldn get to it so it was expensive trip to the garage. today the passenger window did the same!!! going on holiday in 2 weeks so would rather not pay the garage £114 till i get back so does ne1 know how to get to the window now that its inside the door so i can prop it up 4 now??? Thank u very much if u can help!!!

mjt

Jul 12, 2008
this happened to me a few months ago

i pulled the window up using pliers wrapped in duct tape and VERY CAREFULLY pulled it up. as soon as i could get a hold, i just pulled it up with my fingers.
i did manage to chip the window, being a bit ham-fisted with the pliers though when it fell the 2nd time, so be very gentle

i wedged in thickly-folded paper in about 3 positions along the window, between the window and the door panel
it's probably better with a wooden wedge or something, but the paper thing worked for about 6 weeks.. the window only fell down about again twice :p

tanyacop

i thort bout tryin 2 pull it up but it dont look like i could get nefing down the sides as there is no gap

mjt

Jul 12, 2008
yeah, you'll need thin nosed pliers

if you know a local garage, they might pull it out for free. that's what i did..

tanyacop

guess wot, i used sum pliers and pulled me window back up!!! yeppie

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.