How to remove the glove box to fix a hinge?

ozone1980

I did the same thing a week ago. Looking forward to reply from someone that has fixed their's already...

cordoba175

Sep 15, 2008
Done mine last night, the lid is held in/hinged by two black plastic pins with thumb tabs just unscrew the panel beneath the glove box (3/4screws) this will give you access to the hinges. Look up in and you will see a black plastic thumb tab on each side where the hinge arm goes in just ease them out and you can then take the door off.
Hope this helps

Danlat

Sorry to revive an old thread but does anyone know of somewhere where I can get one of those thumb tab things that keep the hinges in place ? I have one missing... I've looked all over but the best i got was a breakers quoting me £25 :-o

2minits

Feb 10, 2014
I don't know what shape they are but what about something like a nail or thick wire? As the lid is plastic stiff wire would work well as you can bend both ends to hold it in.....

Danlat

I don't know what shape they are but what about something like a nail or thick wire? As the lid is plastic stiff wire would work well as you can bend both ends to hold it in.....

I've tried a few things with not much luck. A local breakers has a mk4 beeza in so hopefully I won't get charged too much with them !

Danlat

Does anyone have a part number or anything for these thumb tabs? Having a really hard time trying to track one down :(

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise