I Hate The Lcr Cd Changer And Stereo

Cupramax

Uber pimp meister
Aug 1, 2001
Diamond Dave said:
No Message, I Just Hate The Useless ******* Thing. Never Worked Properly In Two Lcr's That I've Had.

Operator error??? ;) I've had a Toledo V5 and LC and an LCR all with the same system and never a problem :rolleyes:

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
Had problems with mine since the first cold day after buying the car. Now I get to guess whether the changer will :

1) Just ignore discs because their diameter is 0.000037562mm too small for the mechanism to pick up and the HU will therefore display NO CD1 when trying to change to the disc.

2) Recognise that there is a disc in the slot but decide that it doesn't fancy listening to New Order today and display CD ERROR when trying to change to the disc.

3) Decide that heavy traffic isn't enough to deal with and display ERROR when trying to change discs, meaning that I have to reach over, open the glove box, eject the caddy and put it back in again, cursing that the 10-disc changer in the boot of my S40 never gave me a minute's trouble.

Never bothered going to the dealer with any of this because I knew that it would behave itself perfectly when they checked it out and they'd blame the discs not being clean.

g1ose

Aug 25, 2004
Dirty Saawf
i hate the cd changer i have never had such problems with a cd player in my life cd error are the units favourite thing to display i have found!!!

Diamond Dave

DAMN! He's Funky!
Mar 31, 2003
HANTS
Visit site
it's not an operator error and I shouldn't have to spend money changing something that should work perfectly when I buy a car. I have no idea why they decided to put such shite into what is a fine car. Surely they must have done some testing on it before installing it?!
A call to the dealer then, who promised me a new system 2 months ago and has yet to call me back, so I assume it has been forgotten ... typical! I have to say after 3 new Seats my faith in the brand is desperately low.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Be careful, I know that Grundig are sending out reconditioned units for warranty swap-outs.

If you get it changed, you might end up with something worse.

WatchHill

Twonk
Mar 10, 2004
Cumberland
www.gunculture.net
vern said:
same here steve,although the last dido one played up now and then,would,nt start etc,then did :confused:

vern

Clearly your machine didn't like Dildo :thumbup:

Mine is playing up quite a bit, same as everyone else's problems - no cd, cd error etc.

My machine particularly doesn't like GLC, which the wife is very happy about.
:rolleyes:

rod1

Rodders
Mar 30, 2003
Kent
Visit site
Know how you feel................

Mine just about plays originals. On a good day, with 6 CDR's in, I might get 1 or 2 to work. Take out the magazine, shuffle them around and the ones which worked before don't work again!

It's not as though the same slots work all the time!

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!

Dealer has agreed to exchange it though.......just waiting for a call.

adaml

Jan 7, 2004
Leeds
Visit site
The last Dido CD was one of these :censored: copy protected ones, and is well documented as having playing problems in a large number of devices including in-car changers, games consoles, DVD players and CDROM drives.

My changer is generally fine, but occasionally won't read a CDR until I select a different CD and then select the original one. Then it's usually fine. I've had no problems at all with clean retail CDs, or with clean branded CDRs. It's one particular slightly scratched CDR which gives me the most problems. I'd burn another copy if I could be bothered.

I don't mean to sound patronising but the first thing you should check is that everything is clean. Cars are incredibly dusty environments, and dust sticks to greasy fingerprints like sticky stuff to a blanket. I'm really careful about keeping fingerprints off CDs and the like, and it winds me up when other people don't show the same care to my CDs and DVDs. Then they wonder why CDs skip and DVDs go pixellated in places.

Not saying there are no problems with the aura changer, and some examples will always be more temperamental than others.

Plus the lens probably gets dusty. Maybe one of those spray duster cans might help?

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
You should all ring Seat customer services and make your your voices heard - if you don't they'll be able to say "we haven't heard of any problems, sir/madam".

I must say I've not had problems with the CD changer, non at all, but had loads of problems with the HU, and subsequent HUs.

Open letter anyone?

rod1

Rodders
Mar 30, 2003
Kent
Visit site
My loacal dealer, WJ Kings, said they have received a bulletin from SEAT explaining that the changers have problems with CDR's. It has been recognised as a major issue. Trouble is, they are normally unwilling to do anything about it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise