Ibiza 1.4 DAB 100ps Styling

p5yco

Feb 20, 2007
Norwich
My girlfriends recently got an Ibiza 1.4 DAB 100ps on a 56 plate.
She is looking for a few fairly cheap subtle mods to set it apart. What would you reccomend for an induction kit, backbox and maybe a front splitter and rear diffuser? Any ideas, pics or tips greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

p5yco

Feb 20, 2007
Norwich
anyone reccomend a decent universal exhaust backbox to fit with little hassle, not too loud though?

Chriswaite130

Byebye TDI, Hello VTEC y0
Jan 24, 2008
Northumberland
Iv never had one fitted personally but iv heard from people that have had them - universal backboxes very rarely fit with little hassle and require a fair bit of welding

Apr 27, 2008
chris is right mate, i had one on my old car and it took a mate of mine 3 hours to weld and to get it to fit right and hes a lorry mechanic. I had a SAVAGE backbox with a oval tip it did sound good not to loud and only £50 but am not going to be getting one for my car now though just going to get a full custom exhaust system.

Apr 27, 2008
you could buy a exhaust tip and just get a universal induction kit or air filter?they ain't really loud and easy to fit. iv got a bmc cda on my car, Ibiza fs which is the same as yours. It did cost quite abit but sounds the dogs bollocks and adds a little more kick.

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Probably best getting a custom exhaust, but not from powerflow, You can choose the tone you want then aswell.

Splitters look fantastic and replacement gear knob makes it a little more fun in the interior.

p5yco

Feb 20, 2007
Norwich
Thanks, has anyone fitted an induction kit on this or a very similar model eg. k&n or pipercross? Cant find one for a 1.4 16v (100ps), they are mostly advertised for :confused:(75ps)?

p5yco

Feb 20, 2007
Norwich
ok, i have had a look into the k&n 57i kits. Came up with these two: 57-0629 and 57-0544 part numbers. Can anyone confirm which one, if either is the correct fitment for the Ibiza 1.4 DAB (100ps) on a '56' plate? Due to the location of the airbox i am unsure as to whether these will fit etc? any answers, pics or advicw much welcome. Thanks in advance.

Apr 27, 2008
i would go for an inclosed induction kit, you might lose power due to the heat bin sucked into the filter rather than cold air. maybe a universal induction kit or k&n do a universal apollo kit

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.