Ibiza 1.9tdi SE, can it be remapped to 130bhp?

platofan

Oct 12, 2009
Hi

I was looking at an Ibiza Sport with the VRS engine on an 02 plate but have seen something on an 05, only thing is that it's an SE with the 100bhp engine.

Could I get this up to 130ish quite easily? I know i'd also be losing 6th gear though.

Thanks

Stu B

DarthWombleIII & WombleII
Hi

I was looking at an Ibiza Sport with the VRS engine on an 02 plate but have seen something on an 05, only thing is that it's an SE with the 100bhp engine.

Could I get this up to 130ish quite easily? I know i'd also be losing 6th gear though.

Thanks

In a word Yes - TDi section for various ways of gaining this power increase - and NO you wouldnt be losing 6th

Dont forget to inform your Insurance company if you do Mod it...

platofan

Oct 12, 2009
Thanks

They look to be nice cars but i want something a bit more reliable than my old 306TD.

platofan

Oct 12, 2009
No private but i've seen dealers charging a lot more than they should, how much should the 2004, though it was on 05, but it's a 2004 1.9tdi SE, do you know what that would be worth? I think it's in quite good condition with about 75k. I would check Parkers you can't account for everything from a book. :)

Cheers

Jul 23, 2008
Manchester - UNITED
Yep the pd100 engine remaps to around 130bhp.

Anything after that and your looking at a turbo and injector change to PD130 bits then youve pretty much got a pd130 which remaps to about 165bhp
Youd also want a free flowing exhaust and filter and probably a front mount intercooler the seat sport one seems to be the overall best.

Or just get the the above but with a hybrid turbo and your near to 200bhp maybe a little bit over depending what boost you run.

Good luck and no matter what you decide to go with, keep an eye on your clutch as with big torque comes bye bye clutch :(

platofan

Oct 12, 2009
Thanks, I think i'd be happy upping the 100 to about 130 as long as it doesn't put strain on anything but I know VAG are conservative with their bhp figs and I know Peugeot turned down the fueling and boost on the 306 so that people that didn't service their cars wouldn't have things fail on them so quickly. :)

platofan

Oct 12, 2009
So are the 100 and 130pd engines the same? Or are there injection and mapping differences?

Thanks

chispadete

Err, the ibiza came with the PD130 engine in it, before any skoda ;) and you would loose your 6th gear, as its a 5 spd box on the PD100's.

The main block is similar, but with different injectors, turbo blah blah.

chispadete

in some ways the 5 speed box could be better, example its bloody lighter to more bhp per ton :D

zedzp

bit of an old thread but yes you can map a 100 to 130 easy n with a new turbo exhaust intercooler and a few other mods youd get more then that. Dan Ibiza Whats the rough price on the SS intercooler these days with all the piping etc if you dont mind me asking plus ur a local :)

Jul 23, 2008
Manchester - UNITED
You can tune it as much as any of the others to the best of my knowledge, mine is up well over 200bhp now but it has cost a fortune in mods, turbo, injectors, custom exhaust, pd160 intake, SS front mount etc etc. Then you need the brakes to stop it so ive got rear disk upgrade and 312mm fronts.
I dont know the price of the SS intercooler as it isnt one of the mods ive done.

antnee

You can tune it as much as any of the others to the best of my knowledge, mine is up well over 200bhp now but it has cost a fortune in mods, turbo, injectors, custom exhaust, pd160 intake, SS front mount etc etc. Then you need the brakes to stop it so ive got rear disk upgrade and 312mm fronts.
I dont know the price of the SS intercooler as it isnt one of the mods ive done.

What turbo and injectors are you running?

zedzp

Dan when you upgraded turbo what pipes did you need to change to make it all fit as I'm upgradin from a pd100 turbo to a pd130. And what intercooler r u using, has it made a big difference?

Jul 23, 2008
Manchester - UNITED
zedzp:
When i purchased the car it already had the seat sport intercooler fitted with the pipework kit from forge i believe.
When i changed my turbo i also changed a few parts of the pipework to make it fit and work well (not blow hoses off under full boost) i had to measure each part i wanted and then order them from a silicone hose place on ebay. I couldnt tell you what you will need as mine is pretty much a custom install now.
If you are looking for more power then get the seat sport intercooler as im sure it will make a huge difference especialy in the summer when its hot. There are other options when it comes to front mount intercoolers but i think everyone on here is agreed that the SS one is the best for overall fit and im sure its no more expensive than the other options.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members