www.flickr.com
Cheers, a few more from the snow on sunday:

029-12.jpg

042-13.jpg

044-10.jpg

lee_fr

Jul 25, 2009
Leeds
If it took you that long then i'l definately wait until the snow clears before taking it on. I bought that VAG hub spreader tool (3424 i think) - is that the tool that you mean? If i need any more stuff to do it besides the usual sockets and spanners etc then let me know!

My cousin and uncle are pretty handy with cars so they'll be helping me.

I cant remember exactly how much the shocks were (our lass paid for them for xmas :D) but i bought them off the venom motorsport website. i havent bothered with the rear shocks as i didnt think i'd need them, RARB will be going on soon to stiffen the back end up. if it's still pants after that then i'l buy the rears as well.

cupra bushes sound like a good idea too then, heard theyre a pain in the arse to fit though?

Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
Lee - Just had a quick google on that tool. I certainly didn't have that lol. I'l try and remember, or find what this tool thing was that we had. Was like a torque wrench shape. Other than that, just the usual hammers and spanners. I would definitely do it when It warms up a little, or in a garage...
Cupra bushes are from what I understand a bugger to fit yourself. As such i'd get a garage to do it. Prices for fitting seems to range from £100 to £200. My advise would be to shop around!

Andy - Thanks a lot mate, although looked after...i'm not sure ;)

Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
Cheers Nick, i'll get on them soon i know :)

Also just planning a few new mods (funds depending) So hopefully in the next few weeks it "may" change... Nothing crazy mind, so don;t get your hopes up!

Mickylad

Ibiza TDi
Jan 9, 2010
Ballymena
Have just read your whole thread, amazing mate. I have actually just bought the same car as yours only it is the PD100, and before reading this thread I was sorted on coilovers. Now that I see you car with the PI Springs, it seems it would be stupid to buy coilovers now and your drop looks not too high and not too low!

Credit to you mate, car looks class!

Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
Micky - :D thanks alot mate, appreciate it! I think if you have the funds then coilovers for the adjustability would be great. When I lowered mine my funds were limited, so just put springs in. Not that crashy etc...

Just milling some ideas over, list of mods which could happen soon:
- 20mm spacers
- White roof
- Some new audi wheels (TT or S3)

Only problem is i'm not to keen on spending extra cash when I have issues with tyre wear, and a couple of months ago my clutch started to slip...

We'll see.

Mickylad

Ibiza TDi
Jan 9, 2010
Ballymena
Thing is, I had coilovers in the C2, FK Silverlines, and when they were at the set height, I never one adjusted them! :L

Anyway, your plans for you car sounds well and have subscribed to the thread and eagerly await your updates! :D

Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
Fitted my HIDs today, very happy with them, just need to spend some time sorting the wires out etc... Not the greatest photos, but you get the idea. Went with 6000k.

002-21.jpg

001-17.jpg

008-15.jpg

Last edited:
May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Looking good matey! Right like this car, for some reason i think it really suits the prefacelift bumpers well! Think 20mm spacers on the rear should be your next port of call, they are another one of them mods that doesnt cost much but is well worth it!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members