Ibiza 130 TDi Sport - 11th August - Splitter + Yellow Film

Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
Looking good matey! Right like this car, for some reason i think it really suits the prefacelift bumpers well! Think 20mm spacers on the rear should be your next port of call, they are another one of them mods that doesnt cost much but is well worth it!

Thanks Scott :happy: Think your right on the 20mm spacers, if the ones on ebay are ok, then there around £60 posted.

Looking good, Will :thumbup:

Any more future plans for it mate?

Cheers Damien! Future plans... Well apart from 20mm spacers, just deciding if I should wack some TT comps on, or some other 17" Audi stuff. Problem is my front tyres are now so low on tread I need to buy/decided soon!

Apart from that, don;t think i'll do much else really. Apart from a dam good clean, you now can't read my number plate :doh:

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Spacers are a must really, they make a big diffeence to the look of the car and will look great with your lowering springs!

It will be a good time for new wheels then... I managed to buy my wheels and fit 4 new tyres, then sell my old wheels with two good and two shot tyres right after. I was only out of pocket what it would cost for two new tyres (which I needed anyway)! Happy Days.... :funk:

I am always on the look out for wheels, just incase something comes up really cheap. Ebay and Edition 38 forum are good places to start your search....

I will edit this post with a list of wheels/cars that will fit the Ibiza in a bit!

Here you go....

SEAT: Ibiza Mk4 (+Cordoba), Leon Mk1 (+Toledo)

VW: New Beetle, Corrado (5 stud), Golf Mk3 (5 stud), Golf Mk4, Bora

AUDI: A2, A3 Mk1 (+S3), TT Mk1

SKODA: Fabia Mk1, Octavia Mk1

CHYSLER: Pt Cruiser, Neon

MG: ZT

TOYOTA: Avensis, Carina T19, Celica T20 + T23

SUBARU: Impreza, Legacy

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
Great list :D Thanks Mike!

Watching a few on ebay at the moment, missed out on a set of TT comps @ £120 (matt black) was gutted!! Currently a set in need re-spray on as well, so we'll see!

if I get spacers first then i'll see, may not even change the wheels if hey look cool, keep the OEM look.

On teh spacer front, there are 2 main sets on ebay:
1) 4 for £50 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140371602444&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

2) 2 for £60 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220498911177&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

First ones just look a little weird...

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
The first ones have the wrong bore/spigot size. The Ibiza is 57.1mm so putting these on would be dangerous. You can spigot adapters though that would help.
The second ones are 4 bolts and not five!

The ones that most folk on here have bolt onto the hub and then the wheels bolt to the spacer.

This is the compnay that I got mine from BUT NOT THE RIGHT SPACERS.... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/20MM-Hubcentr...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item5ad41cb4b9
Drop the seller an email to ask when he will be getting more 5x100 spacers in stock! This is what I did and he added a listing when he got more in stock.

josh263uk

Waiting for the sunshine!
Aug 13, 2007
Saarland Germany

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
you just need rears...go 20mm hubcentric...from ac motorsports on ebay, quite heavy but also cheapeer than others, have had no problems with mine

Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
Thanks for the tips, i'll buy them on monday me thinks.

Just to give you an idea of the level of bodge which I carried out on my ballasts:
009-11.jpg

:D Thats care right there!

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
Bodgeing FTW indeed lol!

Still can't beleive the differance in HIDs to normal, their great!

Also having thoughts on "different" wheels, basically want to keep it looking slow if that makes sense?

Offered a set of these, with new tyres on for around £170? they are 15" Piss poor photoshop attempt:
039copy.jpg

Edit: looking at that i'm not sure...

Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
Look good to me mate :)

mk1 A3's have those wheels which I believe are 5x100 PCD, Will.

They should fit fine, just not sure what they would look like, they do have a nice lip mind :D

Edit: Cheers for those Scott, can't see him taking much less than £200 without adaptors? i'll email him

These are what i'm looking at:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....567835&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1182

Ps. Scott, I havn't bought that yellow film yet, going to see how hard it is to take teh fogs out first...

Anyway, i'm off for some COD killing. Wheels whoring later :D

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members