Ibiza 85bhp vs 100bhp differences?

pesu

Hi would like to know is there a real difference in power from the 85bhp to the 100bhp 1.4 16v? .. I know there there are disk brakes added at the back however i wouldnt really assume there there would be much difference in power since there is only 15bhp? and how is this achieved what is the difference in the engine? since they are both the same :confused:

immersion

Auto emoción
Nov 1, 2008
Ireland
100Bhp is a sport its been tweaked like most cars engines can do alot more with "tweaks" ecu changes etc than factory standard

silversport

1.4 Power....
Feb 12, 2008
100Bhp is a sport its been tweaked like most cars engines can do alot more with "tweaks" ecu changes etc than factory standard

I have a sport and its not the 100bhp version.....

And i also get the lag problem your on about below aswell, if you dont get the pull away right you either get a sudden "burst" or a real lag....

jpcibiza90

Oct 19, 2008
scarborough
does my tits in when im trying to fit in a gap n it lags like a fatty! just look real silly lol hoping im gona get used to getting a good start as soon as posible lol

woza135

BEEZA OF LUST
Mar 16, 2008
Crawley W-Sussex
i have the 100bhp dont know how the 85 goes like but the 100 is rubbish at low revs but loves to be revved alot more than any other 1.4

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
i no that im just repeating a few thing s that a few other people have said, but even with my sport 100, if you dont keep the revs up (idealy above 2.5k) its a bit of a slug, if you look at the official 0-60 times, even SEAT are saying that theres virtually no difference in the performance, 85ps is supposed to be 11.9 and the 100ps is 11.2 and i doubt very much you'll notice that. I think u should plump for the 85ps as it less to insure and probably less to run as well. Maybe a ecu remap might help the low range problem:confused:..........

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.