Ibiza/Cordoba Delocking handles Guide - with pics

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
First off you need 2 rear Ibiza door handles to be fitted to a remote locking car only , approximately 3 mins of your life per side, be able to read and own a 5mm allen key bit of some sort (any in fact) and a small screwdriver. Sitting comfy ? let's have a go then (put ya keys in your pocket first)

1st off the usual Ibiza door handle c/w lock barrel
SCN%20001.JPG

Look just inside the door (open) just above the door catch there is a small black grommet
SCN%20002.JPG

Lever the little grommet off using a small screwdriver or a nail (it's not held in tightly) revealing a 5mm bolt underneath
SCN%20003.JPG

Undo the bolt with your chosen tool (mine's an old faithful snap on ratchet screwdriver)
SCN%20004.JPG

Now with the door slightly open (stick a towel or similar in gap to save holding it)
grab the handle from the outside and slide it towards the front of the car revealing a small gap
SCN%20005.JPG

Now gently pull the lock section of the handle towards you
SCN%20006.JPG

As you pull some more you will free off the hooked front part of the handle
SCN%20007.JPG

Now after a good clean up. Hook in the front part of the new handle and push in (will go easy if properly lined up) until you again see handle and small gap, this will ensure the opening lever will line up easily
SCN%20008.JPG

Slide the handle towards the rear of the car, put ya thumb over the small part and test the door opens and closes properly etc
SCN%20009.JPG

Refit the bolt and grommet in reverse of above, wipe off all your mucky finger marks and enjoy
SCN%20010.JPG

Time needed: 2 mins x 2 (5 max)
Benefits : minimal (style)
Disadvantage: having to use boot when remote packs up so no smooth boots and central lockimg cars only
Difficulty: 1 / 10 as easy as it comes to be honest
Tools: 5mm allen key tool, small screwdriver, rag to clean the crud out

Thanx to AndyJ for the handles and Sorry to my mrs for wandering out to the car in my shorts bare foot for 5 mins to take my car apart and take pics of it but next time a parcel arrives try telling me it's here before 9.30 at night - grrr

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
gerrof - i got a weekend free for once so wasn't wasting it with an easy job like that and wound mrs up at same time :)

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
nice job.

now, wait for the Q's...
where can i get the handles, what if i haven't got CL? etc etc...:p
what if your an idiot & lost the chip out of the remote fob so have to use the spare key?
oops !! thats me...:)

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
gerrof - i got a weekend free for once so wasn't wasting it with an easy job like that and wound mrs up at same time :)

I have a lounge to decorate, a new 3 peice suite arriving tomorrow and a weekend at work
(Im even looking after the team whilst the gaffer has the w/end off) so delocking my 2 is way down on the list... I have a bleddy meet on monday, but got tues/weds off so will see if i can get a few bits and bobs done then ready for next w/end up at the meet.
:rolleyes:

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
what if your an idiot & lost the chip out of the remote fob so have to use the spare key?
oops !! thats me...:)

you could theoretically use the chip out of one key stuck to the inside of the steering column cowling near the lock enabling all keys to start properly anyway but you didn't hear that from me ;)

brummy : i'll let you off, but set ya alarm early and take the long way to work :) does it for me

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
:thumbup:

Nice work matey :D

and that's what I call dedication, fitting them @ 9.30pm :D

I did give them a rub down with brake cleaner before sending them (same with Brummy's) but I guess they needed a bit of back-to-black to get them nice and shiney again !!! ;)

Think I might take a wander down 'the' scrappy again at the weekend, see if they've got any more in :D

By the way, for anyone who's interested, Mk4 Polo rear handles are the same ;) Although they use a trox bolt rather than a 5mm allen bolt ;)

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Cheers for them andy, i looked down our local literally the day before and couldn't find anything apart from some manky mk3 golf ones

they appear to be similar but have a squarer look about em but could be an interesting alternative

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.